The phrase “They always come back” certainly applies to this Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA 6 card. While most bareknuckle bouts—no matter who is promoting—feature plenty of ex-UFC athletes, this particular event is an absolute ode to aging fighters from the halls of Zuffa or Endeavor that still have some TNT in their hands. In total, we’ll see 11 former fighters from the UFC tonight. That said, this is probably the most stacked bareknuckle card ever.
The main event is a heavyweight showdown between former UFC and Bellator star Roy Nelson and former UFC middleweight contender Alan Belcher. Belcher carries the distinction of having already won a bareknuckle belt since he won the BKFC heavyweight strap back in February. Nelson has also had a bareknuckle fight and win back in May when he headlined Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA 4. He won against Dillon Cleckler via knockout.
Alan Belcher went on a wild run, fighting multiple times in BKFC over the course of two-plus years, winning every bout. He would be stripped of his heavyweight title and ultimately gain his release from the promotion after he took a pro boxing match where he defeated Chase DeMoor.
Roy Nelson, at 47, is still knocking people out. They do say power is the last thing to go, but perhaps Gamebred is the new home for Big Country success. Let’s take a look at how both men stack up with their stats and accolades.
- Winner of The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights
- MMA record 24-19
- Current bareknuckle streak: 1
- Age: 47
- Knockouts: 16 in MMA, 1 in bareknuckle
- BKFC Heavyweight champion
- MMA record 18-8
- Current bareknuckle and/or Boxing streak: 10
- Age: 39
- Knockouts: 11 in MMA, 4 in bareknuckle, 5 in boxing
Roy Nelson vs. Alan Belcher live play-by-play
Nelson goes for a double after missing with a few jabs. Belcher is defending well. Roy trying to lift Alan and failing. He is now on one knee trying with all his might to lift Belcher. Alan still defending well. Referee allowing them to basically bear hug against the cage.
Belcher steps around and ends up on top of Nelson where he rained down punches. Nelson back to his feet. Belcher with a teep to the belly. Belcher with a nasty left. Nelson with two heavy right hands that find their mark. Nelson trying to get Belcher down again up against the cage.
Belcher unable to defend this time and Roy is now blanketing him. Belcher landing short shots from the bottom but with little effect. Alan is landing nice elbows from the bottom. Nelson has Belcher jammed up against the cage and is posturing up to throw a few shots. Belcher lands a shot after the bell.
Nice left jab and right hook by Belcher. Left by Nelson and a big overhand right partially land. Nelson back to the double leg attempt up against the cage. He powers Belcher down. Belcher is bleeding from the ear now.
Nelson with another takedown, this time in center cage. Nelson is targeting that bloody ear now. Belcher is trying to use his forearm in Nelson’s face to create space to punch. Nelson positions Belcher against the cage as he moves into half guard.
Belcher is trying to get out but Nelson is not having it. Belcher punching Nelson’s ribs but Roy is HEAVY on top. Nelson not doing much with his position and the crowd is booing. The ref finally stands them up. Belcher with a crisp left and a low kick. Nelson with a missed overhand right. Mice left by Nelson finds its mark.
Nelson going for another takedown against the cage. The crowd immediately hates it and boos as he inevitably gets another takedown. Belcher working offense from the bottom but with little success. Round over.
Belcher coming forward with a double jab that misses. Nelson with a one-two that misses. Nelson goes for the double and misses and Belcher is punishing him as he stands up. Belcher teeing off on him against the cage but Nelson manages another takedown.
Nelson has Alan in a sitting position against the cage and is postured on one knee landing shots. Now the ref is eyeballing them to determine if he should stand them up. Nelson becomes animated again and starts landing big rights. Belcher not able to defend much.
Nelson is winging the slowest punches in history as he huffs and puffs atop Belcher. Crowd is booing again. Belcher continues to punch but again, not much damage done from his limited position. Nelson passes into half guard. Belcher trying to fight him off but Roy is like glue and is stuck to him. Crowd is booing as the round ends.
– Alan Belcher (19-8) 🇺🇸 def. Roy Nelson (23-10) 🇺🇸 via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28); heavyweight
Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA 6: Roy Nelson vs. Alan Belcher Quick Results
- – Alan Belcher (19-8) 🇺🇸 def. Roy Nelson (23-10) 🇺🇸 via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28); heavyweight
- – Alex Nicholson (16-10) 🇺🇸 def. Prince McLean (9-11) 🇺🇸 via KO (punches) at 0:19 of Rd 1; heavyweight
- – Randy Costa (8-4) 🇺🇸 def. Jason Knight (22-8) 🇺🇸 via KO at 1:41 of Rd 1; featherweight
- – Chase Sherman (17-12) 🇺🇸 def. Carl Seumanutafa (13-15) 🇼🇸 via KO (elbow) at 2:34 of Rd 1; heavyweight
- – Curtis Millender (21-9) 🇺🇸 def. Joel Bauman (9-3) 🇺🇸 via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28); middleweight
- – Brandon Davis (15-11) 🇺🇸 def. Joe Penafiel (11-10) 🇺🇸 via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27×2); 140-pound catchweight
- – Junior Maranhao (25-12) 🇧🇷 def. Joshua Weems (14-4) 🇺🇸 via submission (kimura) at 2:41 of Rd 3; 140-pound catchweight
- – Francisco Trinaldo (29-9) 🇧🇷 def. Sascha Palatnikov (8-6) 🇭🇰 by TKO (knee injury) at 1:55 of Rd 1; welterweight
- – Chris Sarro (2-0) 🇺🇸 def. Hector Lombard (34-11-1) 🇨🇺 via DQ (illegal blows to back of head) at 1:09 of Rd 1; light heavyweight
- – Dennis LaBruzza (3-0) 🇺🇸 vs. Javanis J. Ross (4-4) 🇺🇸; light heavyweight
- – Tyler Hill (12-7) 🇺🇸 def. James Freeman (6-6) 🇺🇸 via TKO (punches & elbows) at 2:48 of Rd 1; welterweight
- – Mike Sanford (1-0) 🇺🇸 def. Christopher Wingate (1-5) 🇺🇸 via submission (RNC) at 2:46 of Rd 1; catchweight
Start date and time
Gamebred Bareknuckle 6 goes down on Fri., Nov. 10, live from the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi. The preliminary card starts at 8 p.m. ET | 5 p.m. PT. The main card follows at 9 p.m. ET | 6 p.m. PT.
To watch Gamebred Bareknuckle 6, you can stream the entire event live and free right here.
Thank you for reading this article. Please consider subscribing to the Bloody Elbow Substack to enjoy our daily premium content. Your paid subscriptions are helping build our new site and keeping hope alive that our staff will remain intact. If you haven’t already, please pledge with a paid subscription today.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author