After more than a year away, reigning GLORY heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven returns to the ring at GLORY Collision 6 live this Saturday. The ‘King of Kickboxing’ spent some time on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury ahead of his eleventh scheduled defense against Antonio Plazibat. An interim championship was created, which Plazibat and Tariq Osaro vied for at GLORY Collision 5 this past June. ‘Cookie’ finished Plazibat via fifth-round TKO, setting up a unification against Verhoeven.
Prior to his injury, Verhoeven extended his win streak to sixteen with a fifth-round finish of Hesdy Gerges. He hopes to go for seventeen in a row against Osaro, who is ready to upset the champion.
GLORY Collision 6 full fight card
- – Rico Verhoeven (60-10) 🇳🇱 vs. Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro (25-2-1) 🇳🇬; heavyweight
- – Donegi Abena (26-9) 🇸🇷 vs. Tarik Khbabez (49-10-1) 🇲🇦; light heavyweight
- – Donovan Wisse (19-1) 🇸🇷 vs. Michael Boapeah (16-3-1) 🇬🇭; middleweight
- – Hamicha (40-2) 🇳🇱 vs. Diaguely Camara (24-4-1) 🇫🇷; welterweight
- – Serkan Ozcaglayan (45-8) 🇳🇱 vs. Ulric Bokeme (31-4) 🇨🇩; middleweight
- – Jay Overmeer (29-5) 🇳🇱 vs. Chico Kwasi (41-5) 🇳🇱; welterweight
- – Ibrahim El Bouni (41-8-1) 🇳🇱 vs. Stefan Latescu (16-2) 🇷🇴; light heavyweight
- – Abraham Vidales (15-2) 🇲🇽 vs. Ahmad Chikh Mousa (58-8-1) 🇩🇪; featherweight
- – Don Sno (2-1) 🇳🇱 vs. Gino van Steenis (1-0) 🇳🇱; welterweight
- – Robin Ciric (21-6) 🇳🇱 vs. Ismael Ouzgni (3-1) 🇳🇱; welterweight
- – Figuereido Landman (1-1) 🇳🇱 vs. Soufian-Aoulad Abdelkhalek (3-2-1) 🇲🇦; welterweight
Start date and time
GLORY Collision 6: Verhoeven vs. Osaro goes down on Sat., Nov. 4, live from the GelreDome in Arnhem, the Netherlands. The prelim card starts at 5 p.m. locally, or 12 p.m. ET | 9 a.m. PT. The main card follows at 6:30 p.m. locally, or 1:30 p.m. ET | 10:30 a.m. PT.
Purchase tickets for GLORY Collision 6: Verhoeven vs. Osaro here.
Free live stream
You can watch the prelims of GLORY Collision 6: Verhoeven vs. Osaro for free on YouTube.
Thank you for reading this article. Please consider subscribing to the Bloody Elbow Substack to enjoy our daily premium content. Your paid subscriptions are helping build our new site and keeping hope alive that our staff will remain intact. If you haven’t already, please pledge with a paid subscription today.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author