GLORY heads to Bulgaria for the first time with GLORY 89 this Saturday, which features Badr Hari vs. Uku Jurjendal as one of nine fights. Originally scheduled to step into the ring against James McSweeney at GLORY 88 in a Heavyweight Grand Prix qualifier, Hari forfeited due to the Marrakesh–Safi earthquake that happened in his homeland, Morocco. The Moroccan-Dutch fighter was then re-scheduled against a new opponent in Jürjendal, the Estonian who has alternated between wins and losses in his GLORY tenure thus far.
Also featured is a featherweight championship fight between Petch and David Mejia. Petch recently returned to the win column with a decision against Ahmad Chikh Mousa at GLORY 86 this past May. His upcoming challenger, Mejia, is currently on a four-fight win streak that includes finishes of Lukas Mandinec and Dennis Haddad.
GLORY 89 full fight card
- – Petch (168-39-3) 🇹🇭 vs. David Mejia (61-15) 🇪🇸; featherweight
- – Stoyan Koprivlenski (18-6) 🇧🇬 vs. Sorin Caliniuc (11-1) 🇷🇴; lightweight
- – Levi Rigters (14-1) 🇳🇱 vs. Martin Terpstra (26-6) 🇳🇱; heavyweight
- – Badr Hari (106-16) 🇲🇦 vs. Uku Jürjendal (19-8) 🇪🇪; heavyweight*
- – Luis Tavares (63-9) 🇳🇱 vs. Bogdan Stoica (57-13) 🇷🇴; light heavyweight
- – Aleksandar Petrov (34-6) 🇧🇬 vs. Karim Mabrouk (26-5-2) 🇦🇹; middleweight
- – Mohamed Touchassie (14-0) 🇲🇦 vs. Eduard Aleksanyan (18-4) 🇧🇬; middleweight
- – Eduard Gafencu (17-4) 🇷🇴 vs. Teodor Hristov (14-3) 🇧🇬; middleweight
- – Chris Wunn (35-5-1) 🇩🇪 vs. Dragomir Petrov (14-3) 🇧🇬; lightweight
Note: Hari vs. Jürjendal is still the headliner of GLORY 89, but it is now expected to happen at the start of the main card.
Start date and time
GLORY 89 goes down on Saturday, October 7, live from the Arena Burgas in Burgas, Bulgaria. The event starts at 8:00 p.m. locally, which is 2:00 p.m. ET | 11:00 a.m. PT.
Purchase your tickets for GLORY 89 here.
For the prelims, tune into the live stream provided for free by FITE.TV here:
For US, UK and Australian viewers, you can purchase and watch GLORY 89 main card through the GLORY FIGHT! app or FITE.TV for $14.99. For Canadian viewers, you can watch the event on The Fight Network. For the rest of the countries, please visit this page to see where you can watch GLORY 89 on Saturday.
The FITE.TV main card broadcast can be purchased and viewed below:
Thank you for reading this article. Please consider subscribing to the Bloody Elbow Substack to enjoy our daily premium content. Your paid subscriptions are helping build our new site and keeping hope alive that our staff will remain intact. If you haven’t already, please pledge with a paid subscription today.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author