Join us as we cover UFC Fight Night: Fiziev vs. Gamrot, which is happening tonight (September 23rd) from the APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event for tonight will involve the UFC’s #6 ranked lightweight, Rafael Fiziev, dancing with the #7 ranked, Mateusz Gamrot. The start time for this fight card 7pm ET/4pm PT.
Tonight’s UFC fight card is being capped off with an interesting clash of styles. On one side you have Rafael Fiziev, who is one of the most polished kickboxers in the UFC, and is also darn difficult to keep down. On the other side you have a high-level grappler in Mateusz Gamrot who possesses some crazy scramble skills. Both men fumbled in their first attempts at top-5 competition, Fiziev to Justin Gaethje and Gamrot to Beneil Dariush, so this feels like a pivotal matchup that’ll tell us a lot about both guys.
The co-main event for UFC Fight Night: Fiziev vs. Gamrot will see the UFC’s #10 rated featherweight, Bryce Mitchell, return to action against the #12 ranked, Dan Ige. Mitchell has been sidelined since suffering his first professional loss at the hands of Ilia Topuria last December. Now, he is being welcomed back by the owner of a two-fight winning streak in Ige. Dan has a much better track record on the feet here, while Bryce’s bread and butter is his submission grappling. That should make things interesting.
The main event starts at 7 p.m. ET. The prelims begin at 4 p.m. ET. Immediately following UFC Fight Night: Fiziev vs. Gamrot, be sure to tune in for The 6th Round Post-fight Show for reactions, hot takes, and whatever other crazy ideas Bloody Elbow’s own Zane Simon and Eddie Mercado might have.
UFC Fight Night: Fiziev vs. Gamrot Full fight card results
- – Mateusz Gamrot def. Rafael Fiziev by TKO at 2:03 of round 2: Lightweight
- – Bryce Mitchell def. Dan Ige by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2): Featherweight
- – Miles Johns def. Dan Argueta by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28): Bantamweight
- – Tim Means def. Andre Fialho by TKO at 1:15 of round 3: Welterweight
- – Mohammed Usman def. Jake Collier by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2): Heavyweight
- – Mizuki Inoue def. Hannah Goldy by unanimous decision (29-28 x3): Strawweight
- – Montserrat Rendon def. Tamires Vidal by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29): (W) Bantamweight
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality MMA coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author