HEX Fight Series, Australia’s premier MMA offering, is live on Friday with a card boasting three title fights. The main event has HEX heavyweight champ Randall Rayment meeting challenger Ricky Biechun. The co-main event is Abdalla Biayda and Semakadde Kakembo battling it out for the HEX featherweight title. Biayda was supposed to meet Kaan Ofli in this bout, but an injury to Ofli means Kakembo moves up from his previously scheduled main card fight with Michael Barber to go for gold. The third title fight is Cody Haddon and Raja Shippen meeting for the vacant HEX bantamweight title.
HEX Fight Series 27 Fight card
- – Randall Rayment (12-3) 🇦🇺 vs. Ricky Biechun (6-2) 🇦🇺; for Rayment’s HEX heavyweight championship
- – Abdalla Biayda (7-1) 🇦🇺 vs. Semakadde Kakembo (5-1) 🇦🇺; For the vacant HEX featherweight championship
- – Cody Haddon (4-1) 🇦🇺 vs. Raja Shippen (19-12-1) 🇦🇺; For the vacant HEX bantamweight championship
- – Jack James (4-1) 🇦🇺 vs. Jonathan Micallef (3-0) 🇦🇺; Welterweight
- – Shane Parker (4-4) 🇦🇺 vs. Michael Mannu (5-3) 🇦🇺; Bantamwight
- – Harry Webb (1-0) 🇦🇺 vs. Kaan Husmek (0-0) 🇹🇷; Lightweight
- – Dimitri Petridis (0-0) 🇦🇺 vs. Sam Marles (1-0) 🇦🇺; Welterweight
- – Kane Rickus (0-0) 🇦🇺 vs. Alastair Volders (0-0) 🇦🇺; Featherweight
Start time and date
HEX Fight Series 27 happens on Friday, August 18th in Melbourne, Australia. The event is scheduled to take place at 6 p.m. local time. That means it will be starting at 5:00 a.m ET.
HEX Fight Series 27 is sold out at the Melbourne Pavillion in Melbourne, Australia.
You can order and watch HEX Fight Series 27 on FITE.TV below. Through FITE the event costs $23.99.
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality MMA coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author