Join us this evening (August 12th) as we cover UFC Fight Night: Luque vs. Dos Anjos, which is going down in the familiar APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. The marquee matchup for the evening will happen in the welterweight division, when a former lightweight champion in Rafael dos Anjos gets it in with the UFC’s #10 rated 170-pounder, Vicente Luque. The co-main event for tonight has longtime MMA veteran Cub Swanson clashing with fellow striker Hakeem Dawodu.
RDA has been inconsistent for the past five-years or so, bouncing back-and-forth between 155 and 170-pounds. He is coming off of a submission win, though, while Luque on the other hand has suffered back-to-back losses. This is a cool matchup, but what makes me a little uneasy here is the fact that Vicente is also returning to action following a year-long medical suspension due to what was diagnosed as a ‘brain bleed.’ That’s some pretty serious stuff, and I might end up feeling a little weird watching him get punched at. Hopefully he’s fine and is as healthy as can be.
The only other two ranked fighters on this UFC fight card are the UFC’s #13 ranked light heavyweight, Khalil Rountree, who is welcoming the promotion’s #14 ranked heavyweight, Chris Daukaus, to 205-pounds. This is a weird one, because Rountree has won three straight, while Daukaus was knocked out in his last three appearances. Changing weight classes is rarely the fix a UFC fighter needs to improve his game, but we have seen cats like Tanner Boser and Jared Cannonier find success dropping the excess fat. Khalil and Chris are typically involved in violent matches, so I really can’t see any reason why this one won’t going the distance.
UFC Fight Night: Luque vs. Dos Anjos kicks off live tonight with the prelims at 4:00 p.m. ET. From there, the main card will start at 7:00 p.m. ET. All of this can be seen on ESPN+.
Full UFC Fight Night: Luque vs. Dos Anjos fight card results
- Vicente Luque vs. Rafael dos Anjos: Welterweight
- Cub Swanson vs. Hakeem Dawodu: Featherweight
- Khalil Rountree vs. Chris Daukaus: Light Heavyweight
- Polyana Viana vs. Iasmin Lucindom: Strawweight
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. AJ Dobson: Middleweight
- Josh Fremd vs. Jamie Pickett: Middleweight
- Marcus McGhee vs. JP Buys: Bantamweight
- Terrance McKinney vs. Mike Breeden: Lightweight
- Francis Marshall vs. Isaac Dulgarian: Featherweight
- Josh Parisian vs. Martin Buday: Heavyweight
- Montserrat Ruiz vs. Jaqueline Amorim: Strawweight
- Juliana Miller vs. Luana Santos: (W) Flyweight
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality UFC coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
About the author