Join us tonight (July 15th) as we cover the UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Bueno Silva card, which is transpiring from the over-used APEX facility in Las Vegas, USA. On paper, you might suspect that this must be some preliminary card that has gone rogue, that has forced out any of the juicy main card matchups. Unfortunately that is not the case, so the best we can do is hope and pray that the undercard action fighters make good on their typical violence, and this event pans out to be a great night of fights.
Hold on to the edge of your seat because the headlining UFC fight for the evening is Holly Holm vs. Mayra Bueno Silva. Moving on. The co-main event of the evening should actually deliver as surging knockout artist, Jack Della Maddalena, will baptize UFC newcomer, Bassil Hafez, on short notice. Jack was supposed to compete last week at UFC 290, but after two opponents dropped out, the promotion scrambled to get him re-booked for tonight.
That’s a great thing, too, because Della Maddalena is all-action, all the time. He’s finished all-four of his UFC fights in the very first round. His debut UFC fight was a quick counter KO of a 4-0 guy, but then nuked Ramazan Emeev with a wicked body shot. From there he sparked out Danny Roberts with some more slick boxing, and then showcased his submission skills with a speedy RNC of Randy Brown. Shoutout to Hafez (his opponent) for taking this fight, but yikes!
Tonight’s UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Bueno Silva fight card results
- Mayra Bueno Silva def. Holly Holm by submission (Ninja choke) at :38 of round 2: (W) Bantamweight
- Jack Della Maddalena def. Bassil Hafez by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29): Welterweight
- Francisco Prado def. Ottman Azaitar by TKO at 4:05 of round 1: Lightweight
- Jun Yong Park def. Albert Duraev by submission (RNC) at 4:45 of round 2: Middleweight
- Norma Dumont def. Chelsea Chandler by unanimous decision (30-27 x3): (W) Featherweight
- Nazim Sadykhov def. Terrance McKinney by submission (RNC) at 1:07 of round 2: Lightweight
- Melsik Baghdasaryan def. Tucker Lutz by unanimous decision (29-28 x3): Featherweight
- Viktoriya Dudakova def. Istela Nunes by TKO at :34 of round 1: Strawweight
- Melquizael Costa def. Austin Lingo by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27 x2): Featherweight
- Evan Elder def. Genaro Valdez by unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28): Lightweight
- Azat Maksum def. Tyson Nam by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29): Flyweight
- Alex Munoz def. Carl Deaton by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-28): Lightweight
- Ailin Perez def. Ashlee Evans-Smith by unanimous decision (30-25 x2, 30-26): (W) Bantamweight
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality UFC coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author