UFC 290 is live tonight with a fight between Robert Whittaker vs. Dricus Du Plessis on the main card. The event is blessed with a number of thrilling bouts including this one which pits the former UFC middleweight champ against the upstart South African. Both men will be hoping to carve a path through the other which leads them to the UFC middleweight title and its current champion Israel Adesanya.
UFC 290: Robert Whittaker vs. Dricus Du Plessis live play-by-play stream
UFC 290 is live tonight. This is where you can follow along all the action for Robert Whittaker vs. Dricus Du Plessis.
Whittaker landed a high kick to start the action, then pressed Du Plessis with low kicks. Whittaker jabbed and landed a right hook, then a left. Du Plessis responded with a combination that just missed. Double jab for Whittaker lands. Low kick for Du Plessis. Whittaker landed a straight left then took Dricus down easily.
Du Plessis got back to his feet and the two went back at it in center octagon. Du Plessis landed a right while Whittaker pressed forward, but Dricus countered with a hard combination . Knee up the middle by Dricus and a hard left by Whittaker. Rob clinched but got tripped by DDP off a headlock. Du Plessis on top in Rob’s guard and landed a hard elbow that opened up Whittaker. Attempted a D’arce and then posted up in Whittaker’s guard landing GNP. 10-9 Du Plessis
Rob stepped in with a 1-2. Dricus responded with low kicks. Rob rushed in with a combo and a high kick that landed. Rob landed a left, then Du Plessis countered with a hard 2-pounch combo.
Du Plessis found his rhythm with the jab and his punches are clearly harder than Whittaker’s. Rob landed a low kick and then rushed in with a short left. Du Plessis caught him on the way in, dropped him, then chased him, landing bomb after bomb until Goddard waved it off. Dricus Du Plessis is next for Adesanya.
Dricus Du Plessis def. Robert Whittaker by TKO at 2:23 of round 2
UFC 290 quick results
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Yair Rodriguez: Featherweight Title Unification
- Brandon Moreno vs. Alexandre Pantoja: Flyweight Title
- Dricus Du Plessis def. Robert Whittaker by TKO at 2:23 of round 2: Middleweight
- Dan Hooker def. Jalin Turner by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29): Lightweight
- Bo Nickal def. Val Woodburn by TKO at :38 of round 1: Middleweight
- Robbie Lawler def. Niko Price by KO at :38 of round 1: Welterweight
- Tatsuro Taira def. Edgar Cháirez by unanimous decision (29-27 x3): 130-pounds
- Denise Gomes def. Yazmin Jauregui by KO at :20 of round 1: Strawweight
- Alonzo Menifield def. Jimmy Crute by submission (guillotine) at 1:55 of round 2: Light Heavyweight
- Vitor Petrino def. Marcin Prachnio by submission (arm triangle) at 3:42 of round 3: Lightweight
- Cameron Saaiman def. Terrence Mitchell by TKO at 3:10 of round 1: Bantamweight
- Jesus Aguilar def. Shannon Ross by KO at :17 of round 1: Flyweight
- Esteban Ribovics def. Kamuela Kirk by unanimous decision (29-28 x3): Lightweight
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
About the author