Bellator 297: Pitbull vs. Pettis is one of tonight’s (June 16th) mma cards, and is blasting off from the Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois. Relevancy will be ultra high here as Bellator’s bantamweight title, and the promotion’s light heavyweight title, will be up for grabs on the main card.
In the main event of the evening, light heavyweight champion, Vadim Nemkov, will defend his throne against the always dangerous, Yoel Romero. Nemkov remains unbeaten in his Bellator run, amassing a stellar 8-0-1 promotional record, on top of capturing the 205-pound belt. As for the former UFC middleweight title challenger in Romero, he dropped a split decision to Phil Davis in his Bellator debut, but then dusted Alex Polizzi and retired Melvin Manhoef to put himself in position for a shot at the belt.
Before that, the co-main event of the evening will enjoy a sensational bantamweight matchup between the champ, Sergio Pettis, and Bellator’s former lightweight king and current featherweight champion, Patricio ‘Pitbull’ Freire. Pettis left the UFC on a win, and has been flawless thus far in his new home. That includes his wicked spinning backfist finish of Kyoji Horiguchi in December of 2021, in what was his first title defense, and also the last time that Sergio competed.
As for Pitbull, this crazy mf is out to claim yet another title, but now in a third division. Keep in mind that Pitbull never lost his 155-pound title. He willfully vacated it in order for his brother, Patricky Pitbull, to get an opportunity to challenge for it. This man really is a living legend. Incredibly, Pitbull (134.2-pounds )successfully made weight, as did Pettis (134-pounds), so this contest between two of the most elite MMA strikers in the world is on!
Also on the undercard is a matchup that you won’t believe hasn’t happened already. Two UFC veterans turned Bellator contenders, Corey Anderson and Phil Davis, will finally face off. There are plenty of shared opponents between the two, yet somehow these guys have never squared off. This might actually qualify for an mma Mandela Effect.
The start time for the Bellator 297: Pitbull vs. Pettis card is 6:00pm ET. The prelims can be streamed on the promotion’s YouTube channel, and the main card kicks off at 9:00pm ET. For said main card, you’ll have to switch over to SHOWTIME.
Tonight’s Bellator 297: Pitbull vs. Pettis live mma card results:
- Vadim Nemkov def. Yoel Romero by unanimous decision (49-46 x3): Light Heavyweight Title
- Sergio Pettis def. Patricio Pitbull by unanimous decision (50-45 x2, 49-46): Bantamweight Title
- Corey Anderson def. Phil Davis by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29): Light Heavyweight
- Gokhan Saricam def. Daniel James by unanimous decision (30-27 x3): Heavyweight
- Gadzhi Rabadanov def. Pieter Buist by unanimous decision (29-28 x3): Lightweight
- Ramazan Kuramagomedov def. Jaleel Willis by KO at 1:24 of round 1: Welterweight
- Norbert Novenyi Jr. def. Kamil Oniszczuk by KO at :46 of round 1: Middleweight
- Archie Colgan def. Emmanuel Sanchez by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2): Lightweight
- Jordan Newman def. Matthew Perry by submission (Americana) at 4:20 of round 1: Middleweight
- Cody Law def. Edwin Chavez by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28): Featherweight
- Wladmir Gouvea vs. Gabriel Sayeg: Heavyweight
- Kyle Crutchmer vs. Bobby Nash: Welterweight
- Mike Hamel vs. Shamil Nikaev: Lightweight
- Karl Moore vs. Alex Polizzi: Light Heavyweight
- Timur Khizriev vs. Richie Smullen: Featherweight
Bellator 297: Pitbull vs. Pettis prelims free live stream
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality UFC coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author