Bellator 297: Nemkov vs. Romero goes down tonight, at the Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois. Reigning Bellator light heavyweight champion Vadim Nemkov is set for his next defense against Yoel Romero, who earned his championship opportunity with back-to-back (T)KOs of Alex Polizzi and Melvin Manhoef, respectively.
In his most recent appearance, Nemkov notched another successful defense, defeating Corey Anderson via unanimous decision at Bellator 288 this past November. Not only did the Fedor Emelianenko protégé win the Bellator Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix, but he also broke the record for most defenses at light heavyweight (3) in Bellator history. He goes for his fourth against Romero.
Bellator bantamweight champion Sergio Pettis returns from injury. In front of the ‘Phenom’ is Patricio ‘Pitbull’ Freire, the reigning Bellator featherweight champion going for his third title in the promotion.
Rounding out the rest of the main card is Corey Anderson vs. Phil Davis and Daniel James vs. Gökhan Saricam.
Watch the Bellator 297 prelims with BE
But before we get to those fights, Bellator has a 12-fight (!) preliminary card to get our Friday night started. Join us here to watch the live YouTube stream, starting at 6 PM ET/ 3 PM PT. We move over to Showtime at 9 PM ET/ 6 PM PT.
Full Bellator 297 Fight Card:
Main Card (Showtime, 9 PM ET/6 PM PT)
- Light Heavyweight: Vadim Nemkov (C) vs. Yoel Romero
- Bantamweight: Sergio Pettis (C) vs. Patricio ‘Pitbull’ Freire
- Light Heavyweight: Corey Anderson vs. Phil Davis
- Heavyweight: Daniel James vs. Gökhan Saricam
Preliminary Card (YouTube, 6 PM ET/3 PM PT)
- Welterweight: Kyle Crutchmer vs. Bobby Nash
- Lightweight: Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Pieter Buist
- Welterweight: Jaleel Willis vs. Ramazan Kuramagomedov
- Light Heavyweight: Karl Moore vs. Alex Polizzi
- Heavyweight: Wladmir Gouvea vs. Gabriel Sayeg
- Lightweight: Archie Colgan vs. Emmanuel Sanchez
- Lightweight: Mike Hamel vs. Shamil Nikaev
- Middleweight: Norbert Növényi Jr. vs. Kamil Oniszczuk
- Featherweight: Timur Khizriev vs. Richie Smullen
- Middleweight: Jordan Newman vs. Matthew Perry
- Featherweight: Cody Law vs. Edwin Chavez
- Lightweight: Max Metzgar vs. David McKinney
Thank you for reading this article. Please consider subscribing to the Bloody Elbow Substack to enjoy our daily premium content. Your paid subscriptions are helping build our new site and keeping hope alive that our staff will remain intact. If you haven’t already, please pledge with a paid subscription today.
Join the new Bloody Elbow
Our Substack is where we feature the work of writers like Zach Arnold, John Nash and Karim Zidan. We’re fighting for the sport, the fighters and the fans. Please help us by subscribing today.
About the author