Join us as we cover the UFC 289: Nunes vs. Aldana card which is live tonight (June 10th) in Canada for the first time since the global pandemic hit, and is kicking off from the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia. The UFC’s women’s 135-pound title is on the line in the main event when the champion, Amanda Nunes, takes on the promotion’s #5 ranked bantamweight, Irene Aldana. Originally, this main event was slated to be a trilogy tilt between Nunes and Julianna Peña, however after Peña dropped out, Aldana was chosen to fill in.
The UFC 289 co-main event, aka the people’s main event, will be a high-octane explosion between the UFC’s former 155-pound champion, Charles Oliveira, and the owner of a wicked eight-fight winning streak, Beneil Dariush. Both guys are great everywhere. Both guys can hurt you on the feet. Both can strangle you on the ground. Both know it. There’s no possible way that this matchup is anything other than poetic violence.
The UFC 289 event is scheduled to start live at 7:00pm ET, 4pm PT, with the early prelims on the ESPN+ streaming platform in the US, as well as Fight Pass. The PPV main card is to kick off at 10:00pm ET, 7:00pm PT.
Full UFC 289: Nunes vs. Aldana live fight card
- Amanda Nunes def. Irene Aldana by unanimous decision (50-44 x2, 50-43): (W) Bantamweight Title
- Charles Oliveira def. Beneil Dariush by TKO at 4:10 of round 1: Lightweight
- Mike Malott def. Adam Fugitt by submission (guillotine) at 1:06 of round 2: Welterweight
- Dan Ige def. Nate Landwehr by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2): Featherweight
- Marc-André Barriault def. Eryk Anders by unanimous decision (30-27 x3): Middleweight
- Nassourdine Imavov vs. Chris Curtis is ruled a no contest (clash of heads) at 3:04 of round 2: Middleweight
- Jasmine Jasudavicius def. Miranda Maverick by unanimous decision (29-28 x3): (W) Flyweight
- Aiemann Zahabi def. Aoriqileng by KO at 1:04 of round 1: Bantamweight
- Kyle Nelson def. Blake Bilder by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28): Featherweight
- Steve Erceg def. David Dvořák by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2): Flyweight
- Diana Belbiţă def. Maria Oliveira by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28): Strawweight
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality UFC coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
About the author