Now retired UFC star Jorge Masvidal had his Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA fight card go down tonight (May 5th) from Fort Lauderdale, Florida with a handful of familiar faces from long ago. The marquee matchup of the evening was UFC/Bellator veteran Roy Nelson making his bare knuckle debut against someone with fewer fights, but more bare knuckle experience, Dillon Cleckler.
For the co-main event, PFL veteran Emiliano Sordi met ex-UFC fighter Markus Perez. There were also several other notable names from MMA history, such as former UFC welterweight Anthony Njokuani, former UFC heavyweight Carl Seumanutafa, and even the 43-year-old longtime MMA menace, Charles Bennett.
The Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA entire event went down at the FLA Live Arena.
Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA: Nelson vs. Cleckler fight card and results
- Roy Nelson def. Dillon Cleckler by TKO at 3:24 of round 1: Heavyweight
- Emiliano Sordi def. Markus Perez by unanimous decision: Light Heavyweight
- Sean Soriano def. Ago Huskić by TKO at 1:30 of round 2: Featherweight
- Irwin Rivera def. Joe Penafiel by unanimous decision: Bantamweight
- Carl Seumanutafa def. Jamahl Tatum by unanimous decision: Heavyweight
- Alexander Schenk def. Fidel Paulino by submission (RNC) at 2:00 of round 1: Featherweight
- Darion Abbey def. Frank Tate by KO at 2:54 of round 1: Heavyweight
- Handesson Pereira def. Anthony Njokuani by submission (RNC) at 4:09 of round 1: Welterweight
- Ryan Kuse vs. Jarod Grant by submission (Kimura) at 2:28 of round 1: Featherweight
- Keith Speed def. Charles Bennett by submission (RNC) at 4:22 of round 3: Featherweight
About the author