MMA Tête-À-Tête Podcast with ‘Kid Nate’ Wilcox — Ep. 05
Tête-à-tête (French “head-to-head”): noun – a private conversation between two people, usually in an intimate setting. | adjective – involving or happening between two people in private. | adverb – between two people in private.
‘Kid Nate’ is BACK!
The MMA Tête-à-tête/MMA Bunker/MMA Bathrobe review is back after a nine-year hiatus, ‘Kid’ Nate Wilcox is reviving one of our most popular MMA podcasts. Thank you for joining us for Episode 05: A candid conversation between ‘Kid Nate’ Wilcox and Ben “The Bane” Davis, MMA Media personality.
This Week’s Guest
Ben “The Bane” Davis is an MMA Media Personality and up-and-coming Play-by-Play commentator. He was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona but has amassed a sizable social media following world-wide.
His PBP commentating can be caught on Rage in the Cage, AZ, Empire MMA, and the Flex Fight Series. He is an MMA Media Author with thescrapsheet, & the scrap.co, which can be found on twitter and insta under @thescrapnews. His body of work can also be found on xmma.tv and throwdownsports.com.
‘Kid Nate’ welcomes him onto the Bloody Elbow Podcast Network, while giving all the lucky BE Substack listeners over a half hour of pure, unadulterated bonus content.
This Week’s Episode
Hola cage-fighting connoisseurs! In this episode, ‘Kid Nate’ hunkers down in the MMA Bunker with his elite guest, Ben “The Bane” Davis. They talk tête-à-tête on his MMA fandom, the UFC-WWE Endeavor acquisition, the fact that Jon Jone vs. Francis Ngannou’s will NEVER happen, Ngannou’s future, Nate Diaz vs. Jake Paul, and more!
- Ben’s personal journey into becoming a UFC Fan
- Your peak ‘MMA Fan Experience’ so far?
- Your biggest let down as a fan so far?
- Your top dream fight, that could legit happen?
- Should Colby Covington be restricted from fighting based on his alleged brain injury from Jorge Masvidal?
- Your take on the UFC-WWE Endeavor acquisition/merger?
- Your relationship with pro-wrestling, have you been a fan?
- Would you consider combat sports to be a ride or die interest in your life?
- Were you a UFC Fan when CM Punk made his UFC Debut?
- Nate Diaz vs. Jake Paul Celebrity Exhibition Boxing Event – what’s your take?
- Why are fans so captivated by that bout vs any other potential venues right now?
- The Diaz vs Peterson “street brawl submission debacle”, does it make sense to you?
- The tragedy that is Dana White’s Power Slap, what is your take on that?
- UFC no longer creates celebrities, they deal in filling up Saturday Night fight cards for ESPN+ these days; are they eroding interest in their brand by selling regional nobodies instead of big name fighters, like your Khabib’s, Jones’, McGregor’s & Rousey’s?
- The streaming economy is virtually a bubble, eventually there won’t be so many streaming platforms – so how does MMA emerge with a future beyond the current landscape?
- How do you see things shaking out for Francis Ngannou? What year do you think we see him take on Jon Jones, if ever?
- Jon Jones vs Francis Ngannou will NEVER happen? Why is that?
- Performance Bonus amounts in the UFC are a joke.
Tune-in to this Bloody Elbow Podcast Production with our fearless leader ‘Kid Nate’ Wilcox, and enjoy! Thanks for pledging your support to the efforts of our 100% listener-supported podcast team, and joining us for the show today!
The ‘MMA Tête–À–Tête‘ with ‘Kid Nate’ was born as a spin off of our wildly successful ‘MMA Bunker’ podcast & Kid Nate’s ‘Bathrobe Review’ series, about a decade or so ago. This show has always featured our fearless leader ‘Kid Nate’ inviting guests from the MMA world and MMA Media Community to have a one-on-one candid conversation with him about hot button topics in Combat Sports. Today, we continue on with that tradition.
Previous guests have included MMA notables, the likes of which include; Luke Thomas, Coach Michael Riordan, Dallas Winston, Brian D’Souza, John Makdessi, Jack Encarnacao, as well as our very own Fight Analyst and Deputy Site Editor Zane Simon, MMA Podcast Producer and MMA Podcast Host Stephie Haynes and Guest Author and Podcast Host, Eugene S. Robinson.
We churned out a total of sixty-six episodes of the show over the course of two years, spanning from 2011 to 2013. It is truly our pleasure to bring this MMA show back to the airwaves for you. Thank you for listening to this Bloody Elbow Podcast Network Production with our owner, ‘Kid Nate’ Wilcox.
You can enjoy more from “The Bane” regarding combat sports on his @BenDavisTheBane YouTube Channel, as well as following him for his The Main Chain with Bane newsletter on Substack, and finding him on twitter @BenTheBaneDavis and insta @benthebanedavis. You can also catch up with ‘Kid Nate’ on twitter @KidNate. While you’re browsing social media, be sure to follow us as @BloodyElbow on twitter, facebook, instagram, and at BloodyElbow.Substack.com & BloodyElbowPodcast.Substack.com.
Our Podcasts Have a New Home
Bloody Elbow Podcasts on Substack is your place for all the BE combat sports oriented shows you love, like ‘Show Money‘, ‘The 6th Round Post-Fight Show’, ‘The MMA Vivisections’, ‘The MMA Depressed-Us’, ‘The MMA Bunker’, ‘The Level Change Podcast’, ‘The Hey Not The Face! Podcast’, and more.
Our BE Podcast Network is 100% listener-supported, meaning paid subscriptions help make sure these shows continue to run. So, please support our team by joining us for bonus content and bonus podcasts on Substack today.
Other Places to Find Our Shows
If you enjoy what we do, please give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow. Thank you for tuning in to this Bloody Elbow Podcast Network Production. Subscribe to Bloody Elbow Podcast Substack to get these shows directly in your email inbox and instant notifications for when your favourite pod drops.
In addition to Substack you can still find our shows on the following platforms:
Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Amazon Music, Audible, Spotify, Simplecast, TuneIn, Overcast, Castbox, Castbox Premium, Podchaser, Podvine, Podbay.fm, RSSRadio, AntennaPod, Podkicker, Podkicker Pro, Google Podcasts, SoundCloud, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Pandora, Stitcher, PodcastApp, PocketCasts, Player.fm, PodCruncher, thisMMAlife.com, Podbean, Podtail, Owltail, Listen Notes, & iVooxApp.
The shows will soon be available on these platforms, too:
Castro, Podcast Addict, Podtail, Owltail, Podbean, Chartable, imdb, podtoppen.se, Podcast Republic, DownCast, iCatcher!, Castaway, Castaway2, & BeyondPod!
Listen to a Glimpse of the Show on Our SoundCloud
About the author