We are outside the APEX this weekend for a rare UFC card you can comfortably call ‘stacked’. This one features the much anticipated heavyweight debut of former 205 lb champ Jon Jones. In his first big boy bout he will be fighting Ciryl Gane for the vacant UFC heavyweight championship.
In the co-main event Valentina Shevchenko will defend her UFC flyweight championship against Alexa Grasso. The main card also has three other fascinating match-ups, too: Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov, Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jalin Turner and Jamie Pickett vs. Bo Nickal.
The prelims includes a few fights that are better than most APEX cards’ headliners, including Derek Brunson vs. Dricus Du Plessis and Cody Garbrandt vs. Trevin Jones.
But before these fights can happen, everyone needs to hop on the scales. When ‘Bones’ is around there is also the potential for controversy, so keep your eyes locked on the weigh-ins to make sure this title fight goes off without a hitch.
The weigh-in stream starts at 12 p.m. ET and it is available below:
Main card (10 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV)
- UFC heavyweight championship: Jon Jones (248) vs. Ciryl Gane (247.5)
- UFC Flyweight championship: Valentina Shevchenko (124.5) vs. Alexa Grasso (124.5)
- Welterweight: Geoff Neal (175)* vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov (171)
- Lightweight: Mateusz Gamrot (156) vs. Jalin Turner (155.5)
- Middleweight: Bo Nickal (185.5) vs. Jamie Pickett (186)
Prelim card (8 p.m. ET on ESPNN/ESPN+)
- Bantamweight: Cody Garbrandt (136) vs. Trevin Jones (135)
- Middleweight: Derek Brunson (185.5) vs. Dricus Du Plessis (185)
- Flyweight: Viviane Araujo (126) vs. Amanda Ribas (126)
- Middleweight: Julian Marquez (186) vs. Marc-Andre Barriault (185)
Early prelims (5:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Welterweight: Ian Machado Garry (171) vs. Song Kenan (171)
- Bantamweight: Cameron Saaiman (135) vs. Leomana Martinez (137)**
- Strawweight: Jessica Penne (116) vs. Tabatha Ricci (115.5)
- Bantamweight: Da’Mon Blackshear (136) vs. Farid Basharat (136)
- Lightweight: Esteban Ribovics (156) vs. Loik Radzhabov (155.5)
- Heavyweight: Sergei Pavlovich: 259 lbs
*Geoff Neal missed weight by 4 lbs.
**Mana Martinez missed weight by 1 lb.
About the author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor and deputy site manager for Bloody Elbow. He has covered combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written longform and investigative pieces. (full bio)
About the author