It’s time for another one of our infamous and patented Care/Don’t Care Podcasts, with your talent: the astounding Eugene S. Robinson, author of the ‘Eugene S. Robinson Substack’, the upcoming “A Walk Across Dirty Water and Straight Into Murderer’s Row: A Memoir”, & the ‘Fight Book’, “Fight: Everything You Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking But Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking”, host of ‘The Eugene S. Robinson Show Stomper! Podcast’, and co-host of the ‘If The Shoes Fit Podcast’, as well as the recently released ‘Bad Boss Brief Podcast’. He is joined by his co-hort, the indubitable John S. Nash, our chief financials columnist and host of our brand new ‘Hey Not the Face! Podcast’, co-host of our ‘Show Money Podcast’, & he is also one of the co-hosts of the ‘If The Shoes Fit Podcast’. Our trio is moderated by the insightful Stephie Haynes, of Bloody Elbow’s ‘The Level Change Podcast’, & the ‘Crooklyn’s Corner Podcast’.
The format of the show:
- Review the prior weeks’ ‘Cares’ while offering up reactions to bouts from that event.
- Announce each fight on the upcoming card, quickly commenting on which fights are “HOT”, and which fights are “NOT” – by indicating if they care about the bout or not. (This is based on several criteria, including relevancy to the sport as a whole).
This format of “Caring” or “Not Caring” about each bout is geared to our listeners who consider themselves to be “Casual MMA Fans”. We endeavor to steer you toward fights which affect rankings, title contention, possess significant meaning, or are sure to be “must see tv” exciting fights; therefore saving you the tedium of watching every fight on every card – or perhaps missing out on something you might have otherwise skipped.
UFC VEGAS 70 REACTIONS —
Here’s a look at what transpired…
This now mere 10-bout card saw three exciting first round finishes, two thrilling KO/TKO’s, four sweet subs, and four hard-fought decisions – one was a majority decision. Post-Fight BONUS Awards included:
POTN: Joe Solecki, Jordan Leavitt, Trevor Peek, Mike Malott, Tatiana Suarez & Brendan Allen
UFC Vegas 70: ‘Muniz vs. Allen’ fight card, updated records & full results from the event —
Official ‘UFC Vegas 70’ Scorecards
MAIN CARD | SAT. FEB. 25
11. Main Event: Nikita Krylov (29-9) vs. Ryan Spann (21-7) BOUT CANCELLED MID-CARD
At 5:33 — 10.
Co-Now Main Event: Brendan Allen (20-5) DEF. André Muniz (23-4) – via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:25 of Round 3
At 8:38 — 9. Augusto Sakai (15-5) DEF. Don’Tale Mayes (9-4) – via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
At 10:38 — 8. Tatiana Suarez (8-0) DEF. Montana De La Rosa (12-7-1) – via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:51 of Round 2
At 13:09 — 7. Mike Malott (9-1) DEF. Yohan Lainesse (9-2) – via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 4:15 of Round 1
At 13:47 — 6. Trevor Peek (8-0) DEF. Erick Gonzalez (14-8) – via KO (strikes) at 4:59 of Round 1
At 15:00 — 5. Jasmine Jasudavicius (8-2) DEF. Gabriella Fernandes (8-2) – via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
At 15:31 — 4. Jordan Leavitt (11-2) DEF. Victor Martinez (13-5) – via TKO (strikes) at 2:33 of Round 1
At 16:57 — 3. Ode Osbourne (12-5) DEF. Charles Johnson (13-4) – via decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
At 18:05 — 2. Joe Solecki (13-3) DEF. Carl Deaton III (17-6) – via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:55 of Round 2
At 18:42 — 1. Nurulio Aliev (9-0) DEF. Rafael Alves (20-12) – via majority decision (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)
Be sure to follow The 6th Round Post-Fight Show Crew… You can find Zane – @TheZaneSimon & Eddie – @TheEddieMercado; and follow @BloodyElbow on twitter as well, for all the latest in MMA happenings. Plus now, you can show your love and support the efforts of Zane’s Podcast teams by becoming a ‘Devoted Degenerate Patron’ at our 6th Round/MMA Vivi Patreon – the only platform you can find our infamous MMA Depressed-us Podcast on ever again!
If you would like to catch the Care/Don’t Care show on our BE Presents SoundCloud Channel, join the gang right here in this spot…
UFC 285: ‘Jones vs. Gane’ PICKS — At 19:32
At this point in the show we offer you our ‘disclaimer’, then our trio will go about predicting the UFC PPV (pay-per-view) bout sheet from the bottom up, wrapping up the C/DC quick-picks portion of the show with the Main Event. This UFC on ESPN+ event will take place from the T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday, March 4th., 2023.
Here’s a look at the fight card & records for the upcoming event via tapology.com, bout order subject to change further, already changed since recording…
UFC 285 (24 CARES)
ESPN+ PPV CARD | SAT. MAR. 4 — 10/7PM ETPT (15 CARES)
14. UFC Vacant HW Championship: Jon Jones E (26-1) vs. Ciryl Gane S/J (11-1) — At 36:00, 3 Cares (But Split)
13. UFC Flyweight Championship: Valentina Shevchenko (23-3) vs. Alexa Grasso (15-3) — At 34:43, 3 Cares
12. 170lbs: Geoff Neal (15-4) vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov (16-0) — At 34:28, 3 Cares
11. 155lbs: Mateusz Gamrot E/J (21-2) vs. Jalin Turner S (13-5) – At 33:04, 3 Cares (But Split)
10. 185lbs: Jamie Pickett (13-8) vs. Bo Nickal (3-0) — At 31:42, 3 Cares
ESPN/ESPN+ FEATURED PRELIMS | 8/5PM ETPT (6 CARES)
9. 135lbs: Cody Garbrandt (12-5) vs. Trevin Jones (13-9) — At 29:28
8. 185lbs: Derek Brunson E (23-8) vs. Dricus Du Plessis S/J (18-2) — At 27:24, 3 Cares (But Split)
7. 125lbs: Viviane Araujo E (11-4) vs. Amanda Ribas S/J (10-3) — At 26:34, 3 Cares (But Split)
6. 185lbs: Julian Marquez (9-3) vs. Marc-André Barriault (14-6) — 26:14
UFC FIGHTPASS EARLY PRELIMS | 6:15/3:15PM ETPT (3 CARES)
5. 170lbs: Ian Machado Garry (10-0) vs. Kenan Song (19-6) — At 24:19, 3 Cares
4. 135lbs: Mana Martinez (10-3) vs. Cameron Saaiman (7-0) — At: 23:53
3. 115lbs: Jessica Penne (14-6) vs. Tabatha Ricci (7-0) — At 24:34
2. 135lbs: Farid Basharat (9-0) vs. Da’Mon Blackshear (12-4-1) — At 21:03
1. 155lbs: Loik Radzhabov (16-4-1) vs. Esteban Ribovics (11-0) — Bout added after recording?
Be sure to follow John on twitter @heynottheface, you can catch Stephie @CrooklynMMA, and twice a week she’s on @LevelChangePod. Meanwhile, Eugene is @EugeneSRobinson on twitter and @MrSleep3 on instagram.
If you enjoy our variety of shows, please give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, and give us a “like”, share & subscribe on your BE Presents Podcast platform of choice: YouTube, SoundCloud, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Audible, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, OverCast, PocketCasts, Castro, Castbox, Player FM, imdb, ThisMMALife, Podcast Addict, Podvine, Podchaser, Podbay, Podtail, Owltail, Listennotes, Podcast Republic, MuckRack, Chartable, Podtoppen.se & Patreon.
Follow your favorite Bloody Elbow Presents hosts on your preferred apps, such as: Downcast, PodCruncher, iCatcher!, Castaway 2, Podcastapp, Podbean, BeyondPod (Android), & more in your App Store! Coming soon to Simplecast, Pandora & Sirius XM!
For previous episodes, check out our playlists on any of our BE Presents channels.
About the author: June M. Williams is a midwest-based graphic designer, videographer, author & editor for Bloody Elbow. She began work for the Combat Sports Division in 2010, BE since 2013. Among other tasks, she currently manages & syndicates our ‘Bloody Elbow Presents’ Podcast Network. (full bio)
About the author