Floyd Mayweather banked another pay cheque today after he took on reality TV star, and former Bellator fighter, Aaron Chalmers in an exhibition boxing match. The even took place at the O2 Arena in London, UK and was broadcast on something called the Zeus Network.
This was Mayweather’s sixth exhibition bout since he called it a career in 2018 with a 50-0 pro record. On the fake fight circuit he’s TKO’d kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura and, most recently, influencer Deji Olatunji.
Chalmers found fame on British reality show The Geordie Shore. Since then he put together a 5-2 pro MMA record, going 2-2 in Bellator. Last year he won his pro boxing debut with a decision win over Alexander Zeledon.
In their eight round contest, Mayweather thoroughly outclassed the amateur. He landed about everything he threw and was in zero danger throughout the fight. Chalmers showed toughness and determination, but was obviously leagues behind his opponent in the sport of boxing. Mayweather danced his way through another spectacle and easily avoided any embarrassment. He was unable to put Chalmers away, but that’s just because Chalmers was less reckless than some of the others who have tried to make bank opposite Mayweather.
Main card (Zeus Network at 2 p.m. ET)
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Aaron Chalmers ends in no decision (exhibition bout)
- Natalie Nunn def. Tommie Lee via second round TKO.
- Ulysses Diaz vs. Khalas Karim ends in no decision (exhibition bout)
- J’Hon Ingram vs. Meeks Kastelo ends in no decision (exhibition bout)
- Antonio Zepeda def. Christopher Lovejoy via third-round TKO
- Kevin Johnson vs. Mike Hales ends in no decision (exhibition bout)
- Sammy-Jo Luxton vs. Hayley Barraclough ends in no decision (exhibition bout)
About the author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor and deputy site manager for Bloody Elbow. He has covered combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written longform and investigative pieces. (full bio)
About the author