Jake Paul’s latest spectacle is set for the sands of Saudi Arabia this Sunday. In the desert he is due to finally meet Tommy Fury. The bout has fallen through two times before, but it seems as though this one is actually going to happen (we think).
Previous attempts failed first due to an injury suffered by Fury, then by a travel ban forbidding him from entering the US. That ban is likely due to his brother Tyson Fury’s connection to wanted crime boss Daniel Kinahan (who has been living in the middle east since escaping an assassination attempt in Dublin).
The weigh-ins for this event are the last hurdle for these two. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if something happened on the scales to ruin this bout for a third time?
Whether you want the fight to fall apart or not you can check out the official weigh-ins for the event in the video below. This stream goes live at 4:30 a.m. ET on Saturday.
Main Card (2 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV and FITE.tv)
- Jake Paul (183.6) vs. Tommy Fury (184.5)
- Ilunga Makabu (198.5) vs. Badou Jack (199.8)
- Ziyad Almaayouf (145.6) vs. Ronald Martinez (142.5)
- Muhsin Cason (199.1) vs. Taryel Jafarov (200.5)
- Bader Samreen (138) vs. Viorel Simion (138.6)
- Adam Saleh (139.6) vs. Stuart Kellogg (140.9)
- Salman Hamada (176.2) vs. Philip Samson (167.6)
- Ragad Al Naimi (131.9) vs. Perpetual Okaijah (125.7)
- Ziad Al-Majrashi (131.7) vs. Philip Quansah (130.1)
About the author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor and deputy site manager for Bloody Elbow. He has covered combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written longform and investigative pieces. (full bio)
About the author