The UFC is in the land down under this weekend with a fight card designed primarily for the lower antipodes, but with a lot of awesome fights on paper. And, two title fights, too.
The main event is a UFC lightweight title clash between champion Islam Makhachev and challenger Alexander Volkanovski. The co-main is Yair Rodriguez vs. Josh Emmett duelling it out for the interim UFC featherweight title.
Also on the main card is the exciting Jack Della Maddalana, who is taking on Randy Brown. Rounding out the PPV is Justin Tafa vs. Parker Porter and Jimmy Crute vs. Alonzo Menifield. Headlining the prelims is Tyson Pedro vs. Modestas Bukauskus.
Before any of that happens we need to hit the scales. With four fighters taking part in title fights, they’ll need to be extra careful with their weight cuts. No one pound allowance for them!
The official weigh-ins are expected to take place at 6 p.m. ET.
Main card (10 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV):
- UFC lightweight championship: Islam Makhachev (155) vs. Alexander Volkanovski (154.5)
- UFC featherweight championship: Jair Rodriguez (145) vs. Josh Emmett (145)
- Welterweight: Randy Brown (171) vs. Jack Della Maddalena (171)
- Heavyweight: Justin Tafa (266) vs. Parker Porter (264)
- Light heavyweight: Jimmy Crute (204.5) vs. Alonzo Menifield (205)
Prelims (8 p.m. ET on ESPN/ESPN+):
- Light heavyweight: Tyson Pedro (206) vs. Modestas Bukauskus (206)
- Featherweight: Joshua Culibao (146) vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan (146)
- Flyweight: Kleydson Rodrigues (127)* vs. Shannon Ross (125.5)
- Lightweight: Jamie Mullarkey (155) vs. Francisco Prado (154.5)
Early Prelims (6 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Featherweight: Jack Jenkins (145.5) vs. Don Shainis (146)
- Strawweight: Loma Lookboonme (115.5) vs. Elise Reed (115.5)
- Featherweight: Blake Bilder (146) vs. Shane Young (145.5)
- Lightweight: Zubaira Tukhugov (157.5)** vs. Elves Brenner (155.5)
*Rodrigues misses weight by 1 lbs.
*Tukhogov misses weight by 1.5lbs.
About the author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor and deputy site manager for Bloody Elbow. He has covered combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written longform and investigative pieces. (full bio)
About the author