Welcome to Crooklyn’s Corner, the podcast that’s basically a hodgepodge of topics focused on the combat sports and entertainment community. The show will feature special interviews, fantasy matchmaking/analysis and whatever else we can come up with to keep our listeners steeped in fresh and engaging content. The show is hosted by Stephie Haynes and airs on a sporadic schedule, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated when new episodes drop.
EPISODE 32 –
GUEST: Aaron Bronsteter
Discussion for this episode: TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter joins Stephie to discuss judging, commentary, promotional marketing, downside/upside with reporting, & more…
- How do you see MMA journalism currently? Do you see any major hurdles keeping the space from thriving? Do you see any signs that we should be optimistic about?
- Worst moment being an MMA reporter/journalist
- Best moment being an MMA reporter/journalist
- If not this career path, what would’ve been the one you chose?
- Thoughts on where Nate Diaz ends up at end of negotiating/matching periods
- Thoughts on various promotions’ commentary
- Most egregious issues with judging
- Thing you see fans get wrong most when critiquing judging
- Marketing heft (or lack thereof) of each promotion and how you see some of them 5 years from now (Bellator, PFL, Invicta)
- Favorite fights this year
- Prime vs. Prime matchup (looking for a prime fighter of old vs. prime modern fighter matchup you would’ve liked to have seen)
- If you were to introduce someone to MMA, what fight would you want to show them?
Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the Bloody Elbow Presents name. Follow Crooklyn’s Twitter account: Stephie Haynes and the show account Crooklyn’s Corner. If you enjoy our shows, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, and give us a “like”, share & subscribe on your BE Presents Podcast platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, Player FM, & Amazon Music – For previous episodes, check out our playlists on any of our BE Presents channels.
About the author