Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here… the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC VEGAS 38 RECAP:
- UFC should not have been involved with NSAC instant replay in any way
- Mark Smith and NSAC need to address the Egger vs Young stoppage
- Why are Cormier and Fitzgerald so obsessed with the number of significant strikes?
- Thiago Santos asking for a raise, not a good look for UFC
- The show/win pay structure is broken
- NSAC has the blueprint to write clear instant replay rules
- Douglas D’Silva de Andrade had perfect timing
- Jamie Mullarkey is worth watching
- Karol Rosa was impressive
- Bethe Correia’s career ends with a whimper
- Casey O’Neill looked solid, but needs time to develop. She’s only 23
- Alexander Hernandez is a more mature fighter and that’s a good thing
- Kevin Holland vs. Kyle Daukaus was a weird one
- Did SBG Ireland help or hurt Johnny Walker?
- Did we see the last of Thiago Santos in the UFC?
More from the daily show this week:
- Take What Michael Bisping. Chael Sonnen and Daniel Cormier have to say about Jon Jones with a grain of salt
- Aspen Ladd missed weight and I have all kinds of issues with what happened after that
- Jon Jones avoiding alcohol is unlikely to solve whatever problems he has
- What help have the UFC offered Jon Jones?
- How the UFC can fix weight cutting and why it won’t do that
- Jake Paul as a disruptive force in combat sport with his fight promotion company? I’m intrigued.
- I do not write things for clicks – let me explain
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author