Welcome to Crooklyn’s Corner, the podcast that’s basically a hodgepodge of topics focused on the combat sports and entertainment community. The show will feature special interviews, fantasy matchmaking/analysis and whatever else we can come up with to keep our listeners steeped in fresh and engaging content. The show is hosted by Stephie Haynes and airs when needed to fill gaps in our Bloody Elbow Presents podcast network.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed or questions asked. Time stamps won’t always be available as our conversations tend to be very fluid and bounce back & forth frequently. However, when fantasy matchmaking and analysis is the focal point of an episode, we will definitely timestamp when each fight breakdown begins. As always, I hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as I enjoyed recording it.
EPISODE 18: The Fight Analysts – Dan Tom
- How did you become interested in MMA?
- How long was it from becoming a fan to becoming a bona fide analyst?
- What organization do you feel doesn’t get enough shine?
- What are your thoughts on Triller, specifically the circus style matchups they’ve been promoting?
- Which division do you feel is strongest in the UFC right now?
- Which is the weakest (outside women’s featherweight)?
- What do you think of the middleweight division’s advancement over the last 5 years?
- What do you think of the heavyweight division’s advancement over the last 5 years?
- Which fighter do you think has overstayed their welcome and should be sent to Shady Acres Retirement Home for Old Fighters?
- Recently, conversations on social media revolved around which fighter has had the best career arc. Who do you think that is?
- Another hot topic is who has the best boxing in the sport. Who do you think that is?
- If you could pair prime GSP with any fighter on today’s roster (Khabib is excluded since he’s retired), who would you want to see him fight?
- How do you think Alex Pereira fares in the UFC now that he’s been signed?
- What in-fight mistakes do fighters make that really make your blood boil?
- Almost all combat sports fans love martial arts movies and television. What’s on your take on the following: Shang Chi? Snake Eyes? Warrior (not the Daniel Cormier movie spinoff)? Karate Kid?
- What movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
- Hobbies outside the sports bubble?
Dan’s various projects can be found HERE
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the Bloody Elbow Presents name. Follow Crooklyn’s Twitter account: Stephie Haynes and the show account Crooklyn’s Corner.
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author