Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here… the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC 262 Recap:
- Sean Soriano looks good, but Christos Giagos scores a nice win
- Tucker Lutz has a good UFC debut, but there were some concerning moments in the third round
- Priscila Cachoeira takes advantage of an opportune standup and a gassed Gina Mazany
- Andrea Lee got a good win, but the long length of time she had the triangle locked in was worrisome
- Jordan Wright bounces back from his first career loss in a big way
- Lando Vannata looked solid in his UFC featherweight debut
- Andre Muniz was a better grappler than Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza at least for this night; and should we look at whether or not we’ve seen the last of Souza in the UFC?
- Edson Barboza’s career, and an impressive win over Shane Burgos
- Clearing up something re: brain injuries, just because a fighter doesn’t go out doesn’t mean they did not suffer a concussion
- Did Beneil Dariush make Tony Ferguson look bad or did Tony Ferguson make Beneil Dariush look good; and where each fighter could go from here
- Charles Oliveira is your new UFC lightweight champion and maybe this will earn the Brazilian some respect and allow him to put his reputation as a front-runner behind him
- Should the UFC use a commentary team for the prelims and a different team for the main card?
- Dana White is ready to bury Jon Jones and move on without him instead of paying him what he wants and what he deserves
More from ‘The C’mon Now MMA Podcast’:
- Dana White tries to stay out of politics, say what?!?!?!
- MMA management and the issues with management representing many clients in the same weight division
- The questions about Jorge Masvidal’s shirt aren’t about cancel culture, but about accountability among the fighters and media
- Dana White doesn’t get to tell anyone what real media and fake media is, if he’s giving “exclusive” interviews to characters and fans
- The middleweight title fight is a perfect example of what’s wrong with the UFC business practices – when the date is more important than the fighter
- Why do people think Ali Abdelaziz would be a good manager for Jon Jones? He wouldn’t be.
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author