Sean O’Malley has no interest in avenging his lone UFC loss to Marlon Vera, as ‘Chito’ claims ‘Sugar’ turned down a rematch following his highlight reel knockout of Thomas Almeida at UFC 260.
Vera, who earned a TKO stoppage win over O’Malley in 2020, says he accepted the fight but that O’Malley gave him the silent treatment.
He declined. I got offered, said yes and silence from him. https://t.co/6UqN371M2a
— Chito Vera (@chitoveraUFC) April 11, 2021
“He declined. I got offered, said yes and silence from him,” Vera Tweeted earlier this week.
Despite beating O’Malley convincingly — although Sugar did suffer an ankle injury — Vera feels he didn’t get the respect he deserved following the win. The Ecuadorian went on to fight former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo but lost via unanimous decision. The loss saw Vera slip to #15 in the UFC bantamweight rankings while O’Malley is looking to crack the top-ten with a win over former 135-pound king Dominick Cruz.
O’Malley called out Cruz via YouTube earlier this week, claiming that he’s the biggest fight available to him right now.
About the author