Eddie Mercado & Dayne Fox are here tonight, Saturday, March 13th., 2021, to breakdown the ‘UFC VEGAS 21: ‘EDWARDS VS MUHAMMAD’ event, which was broadcast from the APEX Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. The guys will have hot takes, possible next fights, as well as reactions to the overall event in the player above, or on our Bloody Elbow Presents YouTube Channel and BE Presents Podcast Network. (SPOILERS…)
Returning to the octagon for the main event, we had the #6 ranked UFC Welterweight, Leon ‘Rocky’ Edwards, with his remarkable 18-3 record going up against the equally lethal #14 ranked Belal ‘Remember the Name’ Muhammad, sporting an identical 18-3 record. This was the replacement bout due to the loss of Khamzat Chimaev due to his prolonged COVID-19 issues.
In the co-main, we had a brief, but exciting UFC Light Heavyweight bout which lasted one minute and eleven seconds, between ‘Superman’ Ryan Spann, against Misha Cirkunov.
Prior to that we had a UFC Featherweight contest which only lasted twenty-two seconds, between Dan ‘50K’ Ige and ‘Guv’nor’ Gavin Tucker. Also on the card, we had an exciting prelims opener taking place between up-and-comer Matt ‘Semi the Jedi’ Semelsberger and fight veteran Jason ‘The Vanilla Gorilla’ Witt, which was all over in a mere sixteen seconds.
Overall, this fully intact thirteen-bout card saw four exciting first round finishes, one submission, five exciting KO/TKO, five decisions – two split, and two No Contests – including our Main Event. Rounding things out, bonuses for putting forth POTN efforts went to Matthew Semelsberger, Davey Grant, Ryan Spann & Dan Ige; FOTN honors went to no one this time around. What a night of fights we have to share with you, join us to discuss all the action…
Here’s a look at the UFC VEGAS 21: ‘EDWARDS VS MUHAMMAD’ RESULTS & UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS:
ESPN+ MAIN PPV CARD | SAT. MAR. 13
13. 170lbs Leon Edwards (18-3) vs Belal Muhammad (18-3) – Ends in a NO CONTEST – Eye Poke at 0:18 of Rd 2/5, Total 5:18
12. 205lbs Ryan Spann (19-6) DEF. Misha Cirkunov (15-6) – KO/TKO, Right Cross to G & P at 1:11 of Rd 1
11. 145lbs Dan Ige (15-3) DEF. Gavin Tucker (13-2) – KO/TKO, Right Cross at 0:22 of Rd 1
10. 135lbs Davey Grant (11-4) DEF. Jonathan Martinez (13-4) – KO/TKO, Overhand Left at 3:03 of Rd 2, Total 8:03
9. 125lbs Matheus Nicolau (16-2) DEF. Manel Kape (15-6) – DEC, SPLIT
8. 185lbs Eryk Anders (13-5) vs. Darren Stewart (12-6) – Ends in a NO CONTEST – Illegal Knee at 4:37 of Rd 1
7. 115lbs Angela Hill (13-9) DEF. Ashley Yoder (8-7) – DEC, Unanimous
6. 145lbs Charles Jourdain (11-3) DEF. Marcelo Rojo (16-7) – KO/TKO, Punches at 4:31 of Rd 3, Total 14:31
5. 135lbs Rani Yahya (27-10) DEF. Ray Rodriguez (16-8) – SUB, Arm Triangle Choke at 3:09 Rd 2, Total 8:09
4. 155lbs Nasrat Haqparast (13-3) DEF. Rafa Garcia (12-1) – DEC, Unanimous
3. 125lbs JJ Aldrich (9-4) DEF. Cortney Casey (9-9) – DEC, SPLIT
2. 115lbs Jinh Yu Frey (10-6) DEF. Gloria de Paula (5-3) – DEC, Unanimous
1. 170lbs Matthew Semelsberger (8-2) DEF. Jason Witt (18-7) – KO/TKO, Counter Right at 0:16 of Rd 1
Be sure to follow Zane – @TheZane Simon & Eddie – @TheEddieMercado; follow @BloodyElbow on twitter for all the latest in MMA happenings. Bloody Elbow Presents is a mixed martial arts podcast network presented to you by Bloody Elbow…
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author