Canelo Alvarez (54-1-2, 36 KOs) and Avni Yildirim (21-2, 12 KOs) both had no problem making weight for Saturday’s WBA and WBC super-middleweight title. Yildirim is the mandatory challenger in the WBC’s rankings but at the same time is a predictably massive underdog against Alvarez. But hey, Canelo is fighting for a second time in just three months and we should see him in action again in May if all goes well on Saturday night.
You can watch the weigh-ins and staredown of the main event in the video above, courtesy of DAZN.
The main card begins at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT on DAZN and on pay-per-view if you want to purchase through cable/satellite at a $49.99 cost.
Full weigh-in results below:
- Canelo Alvarez (167.6) vs. Avni Yildirim (167.6) for Alvarez’s WBC/WBA Super Middleweight titles
- McWilliams Arroyo (112) vs. Abraham Rodriguez (112) for the interim WBC flyweight title
- Zhang Zhilei (256.2) vs. Jerry Forrest (236); Heavyweight
- Diego Pacheco (168) vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr. (167); Super Middleweight
- Alexis Espino (167.8) vs. Ashton Sykes (164.2); Super Middleweight
- Keyshawn Davis (136.6) vs. Lester Brown (134.6); Junior Welterweight
- Aaron Aponte (139.8) vs. Harry Gigliotti (139.2); Junior Welterweight
About the author