Tony Ferguson has got the all-clear.
‘El Cucuy’ fans feared the worst when Charles Oliveira cranked and torqued on Ferguson’s arm in the first round of their headlining lightweight clash at UFC 256 last month and, despite almost losing an arm, the doctor says Ferguson suffered no serious damage and is good to go.
Ferguson provided an injury update on Twitter last week where he said his arm is still in pristine condition despite almost being snapped in two by ‘Do Bronx’ at UFC 256.
“It’s Tiramisu Tuesday MF’s!!!” That Feeling Ya Get When The Doc Says The Arm Is As Good As Iron Ahhhhhhhh Ah Ahhhhh Ahhhh Ah # Its ♂️ Alright That Type Of Guy Moment Brought To You By Champ Shit Only™️ ⚔️ -CSO- # ThatIsAll pic.twitter.com/0uE9RWjJZf
— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) January 6, 2021
“It’s Tiramisu Tuesday MF’s!!!” That Feeling Ya Get When The Doc Says The Arm Is As Good As Iron Ahhhhhhhh Ah Ahhhhh Ahhhh Ah # Its Alright That Type Of Guy Moment Brought To You By Champ Shit Only -CSO- # ThatIsAll,” Ferguson wrote.
Ferguson survived the armbar attempt but ended up losing a lopsided unanimous decision in what was arguably the worst defeat of his professional career. He has since dropped to #5 in the UFC lightweight rankings and is on a two-fight skid, losing via fifth-round TKO to Justin Gaethje prior to the Oliveira bout.
About the author