Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here… the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include:
1. Dana White has claimed that the greed of the fighters is what is hurting boxing. I don’t buy that, but I do think the greed of White and the UFC ownership group is costing the UFC as far as talent and quality goes. I also find White’s claim the UFC pay structure reflects the “real” world to be untrue. Let me explain.
2. Bellator MMA should explain why it is overlooking the reports of domestic violence against Anthony Johnson.
3. Some MMA media are spinning the cuts coming to the UFC roster as a positive or just another roster purge. I’m not so sure that’s the case.
4. Dana White tries to make it sound as if fighters are going to retire or move on of their own accord. That’s not true. The new ownership group seems to want more profits and that means another change is coming from the days of the Fertitta brothers.
5. I talk about the UFC bubble and the UFC’s protocol. A recent email that was sent to fighters and corners seems as if that might have fallen off a bit. Another thing to consider is the reality of the situation is the UFC “bubble” is for show unless all staff, employees, media, fighters and corners are contained within a “bubble” from the start of the event until the end. If Dana White comes and goes, that’s a HUGE risk since he interacts with many without wearing a mask.
6. Dana White says UFC fighters would have given up $200 million if the UFC had shutdown for COVID-19. That number does not work out.
7. Dana White says Rose Namajunas is not interested in a title fight, but she is. White is an anti-promoter. Fighters need to stand up to White’s lies.
8. Dana White says “I heard…” on several occasions about the future of fighters. Maybe pick up the phone Dana White.
9. Dana White says a win over Khamzat Chimaev will help the No. 3 ranked Leon Edwards. What?
10. The MMA media needs to get out of the rankings business for the UFC. It’s a conflict of interest.
Well, fight fans, we’ve been with you now for 21 wks of solid fights in a row since July 11th, now we get a three week break until the UFC returns on Jan. 16th in the New Year. In the meantime, be sure to watch for episodes of our 6th Round Retro Post-Fight Show or Crooklyn’s Corner Podcast planned for the next few Mondays, The Mookie & Crookie Show remains here for you on Tuesdays, as well as The Best of the C’Mon Now MMA Podcast on Wednesdays, some fun MMA Depressed-Us shows over the next couple Thursdays & more of The Level Change Podcast of course. In the meantime, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author