Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here… the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include:
UFC 256 Review:
- Chase Hooper has a great ground game, but he needs to develop his striking and that might need to be done outside the UFC
- Tecia Torres gets a confidence building win
- NSAC does the right thing when a fighter says she can’t see
- Daniel Cormier gives terrible advice – fighters should put long-term health over short-term gain
- Gavin Tucker had a great outing
- Rafael Fiziev looked excellent in finishing Renato Moicano and no, Moicano was not going to recover from the combo
- Speaking of Joe Rogan and Daniel Cormier, Rogan should step away or the UFC should pair him with someone who is not Daniel Cormier
- Cub Swanson shows he still has plenty of gas left in the tank
- Ciryl Gane is an excellent and patient kickboxer and that could frustrate some fans
- It’s probably time for the UFC to release Junior dos Santos and Jacare Souza
- Kevin Holland is a 2020 “Fighter of the Year” candidate
- Let’s not forget that “fight genius” Dana White passed on Kevin Holland because White thought he had a “big mouth”
- Mackenzie Dern working with Jason Parillo is paying off
- There are still questions about Tony Ferguson
- Everything is coming together for Charles Oliveira, but he might not get the opportunities he deserves after UFC 256
- The main event of UFC 256 was a “Fight of the Year” contender
- Brandon Moreno deserves a rematch with Deiveson Figueiredo and Cody Garbrandt does not deserve a title shot
- Dana White says the rankings will decide Charles Oliveira’s future and that’s complete bulls**t
- The MMA media needs to get out of the rankings game because those rankings influence pay and matchmaking
- Dana White tries to act like he didn’t s**t on Kevin Holland after the DWCS
- UFC sets all kinds of records…cool. What happened to 2020 being a terrible year for fighters to ask for more money?
- Yahoo! Sports publishes what can be called a “b**w job” profile of Dana White
- Bellator should explain why it is overlooking the reports of domestic violence against Anthony Johnson.
- Some MMA media are spinning the cuts coming to the UFC roster as a positive or just another roster purge. I’m not so sure that’s the case
- Eleven of 22 media organizations who take part in UFC rankings have questions about them.
- The UFC as a content creation mill. The number of UFC events is more important than the quality of UFC events
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author