Anthony Joshua and Kubrat Pulev weighed only a pound apart ahead of Saturday’s unified world heavyweight title clash.
In boxing, heavyweight does not have a weight limit so it’s impossible to miss. Joshua tipped the scale at about 240.75 lbs, a few pounds heavier than last year’s rematch win over Andy Ruiz Jr. As for his IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev, he weighed 239.75 lbs, which is the lightest he has been in over a decade. Maybe hoping to work on his speed as a heavy but otherwise not very hard-hitting underdog.
Of course, it got a little bit fiery at the weigh-ins in what is definitely not anything staged to drum up interest in this matchup. You can watch the full weigh-ins and faceoff for the main event at the top of the page.
Full weigh-in results are below (via Bad Left Hook):
- Anthony Joshua 240¾ vs Kubrat Pulev 239¾, 12 rounds
- Lawrence Okolie 199¾ vs Nikodem Jezewski 199¾, 12 rounds
- Hughie Fury 247¼ vs Mariusz Wach 274¼, 10 rounds
- Martin Bakole 251½ vs Sergey Kuzmin 258½, 10 rounds
- Kieron Conway 160 vs Macaulay McGowan 158½, 10 rounds
- Florian Marku 146¾ vs Jamie Stewart 145¾, 8 rounds
- Qais Ashfaq 124¼ vs Ashley Lane 122½, 8 rounds
Joshua vs. Pulev begins at 1 PM ET on DAZN. The main event should start at roughly 5:15 PM ET/2:15 PM PT.
About the author