Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here… the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include:
- What is going on at the UFC Apex as far as positive COVID-19 tests?
- Could someone like Jack Hermansson be in danger of being released by the UFC?
- What Dana White left out when he discussed the release of Yoel Romero and get ready for more watered down UFC cards in 2021.
- I don’t care about the farce that is Mayweather vs. Paul.
- If there’s one thing I would encourage fighters to band together about, it would be being bullied into taking long UFC contracts. Try to force shorter deals, maybe 2-3 fights, so you can negotiate or renegotiate every year or so.
- It’s the rare MMA good guy story as PFL tournament winner, Emiliano Sordi uses his $1 million to feed his community during pandemic.
- Dana White might be a good president, but it seems as if he is a terrible leader and that could cost the UFC big time. White needs to trust the UFC’s leadership group and allow them to succeed.
- If Dana White wants to protect the legends of the sport from themselves, the UFC should pay them enough so they can retire.
- Francis Ngannou is not happy, but is that his own fault?
- One takeaway from UFC 255 was that Joe Rogan has overstayed his time as the color commentator. He has become a distraction and he should go.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author