Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
- Brian Ortega deserved a “Performance of the Night” Bonus at UFC Fight Island 6 and that is another reason the UFC bonus structure needs to be scrapped.
- The UFC marketing for UFC 254 calls Khabib Nurmagomedov the “most dominant champion in UFC history.” Really? With two UFC title defenses? C’mon now, the UFC marketing doesn’t always have to have someone or something being the best in human history.
- Neil Magny has his hand up, why isn’t he booked to face Khamzat Chimaev?
- Why are people questioning Justin Gaethje’s confidence that he can defeat Khabib Nurmagomedov?
- Could/should UFC fighters refuse to fight Colby Covington because of his racist remarks? I say, yes.
- The hypocrisy of the UFC, cutting a fighter who got jail time while bouncing at a bar, but signing Greg Hardy and (allegedly) bringing Anthony Johnson back to the fold…C’mon now.
- C’mon now Ali Abdelaziz – threatening a media member but getting cozy with the UFC COO?
- C’mon now…Michael Chiesa does a good job of explaining why it doesn’t make sense for a ranked fighter to face Khamzat Chimaev.
- Josh Thomson vs John McCarthy discuss why fighters should or shouldn’t agree to a catch weight fight on the day before the weigh-in. Both make good points.
- The UFC bonus system should go away and that money should go to providing the UFC fighters with $16,800 stipend per year per fighter.
- Joaquin Buckley’s knockout of Impa Kasanganay is worth exponentially more to the UFC, ESPN and ESPN+ than it is to Buckley. Pay the man a percentage of the free press he drew for the UFC.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author