Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
- Things that ground my gears during UFC 252
- Where is the innovation and experimentation in the UFC?
- NBA and NHL are doing things differently inside the bubble, why isn’t the UFC?
- Good on Marc Goddard, but what can change about MMA refereeing?
- Props to Leon Roberts for the actions he took at Fight Island
- MMA media needs to focus on the words Dana White says and follow up, like when he says “they got paid some money, but they didn’t get their show money though.”
- Fighters who missed UFC on ESPN+ 31 fights got offered how much? $10K? – “C’mon now”
- The UFC could have offered Eric Spicely help, instead it cut him
- Of course oblique kicks should be legal
- Conor McGregor might actually be retired
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author