Cedric Marks, born 1974, is a veteran of over 50 mixed martial arts bouts. He has competed at Bellator, Shamrock Fighting Championships and South Texas Fighting Championships. His list of past opponents include Bobby Voelker, Pete Spratt, Drew Fickett, Josh Haynes and Daniel Sarafian.
In January 2019 Marks was charged with double homicide in connection to the deaths of Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin. While he standing trial for those murders, Marks was charged with the murder of April Pease; his former girlfriend and the mother of one of his children.
This stream includes articles that cover the investigation and court cases related to Marks and these murders.
Cedric Marks story stream
- MMA veteran Cedric Marks’ capital murder trial date set
- MMA veteran Cedric Marks unsuccessfully challenges start date for double murder trial
- MMA veteran Cedric Marks has date set for capital murder trial
- MMA fighter Cedric Marks to represent himself in double capital murder trial
- Judge denies motion to throw out death penalty option in trial of MMA fighter Cedric Marks
- MMA fighter Cedric Marks, currently on trial for double-homicide, hit with separate murder charge
- Wife of former MMA fighter Cedric Marks admits to helping him hide from police
- Texas to seek death penalty for MMA fighter Cedric Marks accused of double homicide
- MMA fighter Cedric Marks’ case prompts calls for changes to Texas’ protective order laws
- MMA fighter Cedric Marks formally charged with capital murder and burglary
- MMA fighter Cedric Marks, accused of two murders, captured after escaping police custody in Texas
- MMA veteran Cedric Marks arrested for allegedly burglarizing home of murdered ex-girlfriend
Share this story
About the author