We are just one day away from the WBC heavyweight championship rematch between Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz. Last year, these two engaged in a thrilling battle that saw Wilder drop Ortiz in round five, nearly finished by Ortiz in round seven, only to come back and knock Ortiz out in the 10th to remain the champ.
With a Tyson Fury rematch on the horizon, the ridiculously powerful Wilder needs to get past the only man who has ever put him in significant danger of a KO loss. The weigh-ins for Wilder vs. Ortiz 2 begin at 5 PM ET/2 PM PT in the live stream at the top of the page. Actual weigh-ins should start at around 5:30 PM ET/2:30 PM PT, and can also be seen on FS1 at that time.
Oh yeah, and there will be special musical performances from D Smoke & Bankroll Freddie.
Here’s the lineup for tomorrow’s event, which goes down at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas:
FS2 Prelims (7:30 PM ET)
- Leduan Barthelemy (15-0-1, 7 KOs) 127 lbs vs. Eduardo Ramirez (22-2-3, 9 KOs) 126.5 lbs – 10 Rounds, Featherweight
- Vito Mielnicki Jr. (2-0, 2 KOs) 147 lbs vs. Marklin Bailey (6-5, 4 KOs) 143.5 lbs – 4 Rounds, Welterweight
- Omar Juarez (5-0, 3 KOs) 142.5 lbs vs. Kevin Shacks (3-4-3, 3 KOs) 141 lbs – 6 Rounds, Super Lightweight
FOX PPV (9 PM ET)
- Deontay Wilder (41-0-1, 40 KOs) 219.5 lbs vs. Luis Ortiz (31-1, 26 KOs) 236.5 lbs – 12 Rounds, WBC World Heavyweight Championship
- Leo Santa Cruz (36-1-1, 19 KOs) 129.5 lbs vs. Miguel Flores (24-2, 12 KOs) 130 lbs – 12 Rounds, WBA Super World Super Featherweight Championship
- Brandon Figueroa (20-0, 15 KOs) 122 lbs vs. Julio Ceja (32-4, 28 KOs) 126.5 lbs* – 12 Rounds, WBA World Super Bantamweight Championship
- Luis Nery (30-0, 24 KOs) 119 lbs** vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez (19-1, 12 KOs) 118 lbs – 12 Rounds, Bantamweight
*Ceja missed the super bantamweight mark by 4.5 lbs and will have two additional hours to cut.
**Nery missed the bantamweight mark by 1 lbs and will have two additional hours to cut.
About the author