Our own Shakiel “Shak” Mahjouri sits down with Andrew Sanchez for this candid one-on-one ahead of UFC Ottawa on Saturday, May 4.
Sanchez opens up about his nervousness in front of the camera, how he handles the pressures of fight week, his experience training with Elias Theodorou and his plans to “bludgeon” opponent Marc-Andre Barriault. Most importantly, perhaps, former UFC fighter Eric Spicely places a foul prank on his teammate.
- 0:04 – Eric Spicley’s Prank
- 0:28 – Andrew’s sick Air BNB upgrade
- 1:05 – Camera shy
- 1:30 – Pressures of fight week
- 3:40 – Social media game
- 5:20 – Crazy core workouts
- 6:30 – Fighting Crazy Canadians
- 7:30 – Snapping out of fight mode
- 8:20 – Wrestling vs. MMA
- 9:23 – Khalil Rountree’s improvements
- 10:50 – Derek Brunson vs. Elias Theodorou
- 12:10 – “Bludgeoning” his opponent
As always, if you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, blubrry, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
About the author