Welcome to the second episode of Flight to Fight: Thai Boxing in Thailand! Watch Bloody Elbow’s own Eddie Mercado, yours truly, travel around the globe to Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket, Thailand to train and fight.
In episode 1, I said my goodbyes back in the U.S. before hopping on the plane. In this episode, viewers will follow me as I take the insanely long flight from Seoul, South Korea to Phuket. After arriving well ahead of schedule, I struggle to hail a taxi cab before finding somewhere to crash for the night. Take a tour of the Bonus Bungalow I stayed in and it’s interesting quarks and features.
Also in this episode, I get checked in to Tiger Muay Thai and find out that my meal plan had vanished. Towards the end of the video, meet Krav Maga instructor Alex from Holland who I trained along side, and find out a little bit about what Tiger Muay Thai has to offer.
This video series is presented by OddsShark, and also made possible by Spartyka Nation, Tiger Muay Thai, Diego Bispo Academy and Harvey Grasse Muay Thai, as well as MASF Supplements, as well as others.
Be sure to be on the lookout for episode three, where I find out just how unprepared I was for my first training session. Spoiler alert… I hurl.
- Travel to Phuket, Thailand
- Train at Tiger Muay Thai
- See the sights & hear the sounds of Phuket
- Experience the Thai culture
- Compete in Muay Thai fight
- Spend New Years in Tokyo
- Travel back to the U.S.A.
- I spend so much time covering combat sports that I feel like putting myself through a camp, and competing in an actual fight, will give me a better understanding of what living that life is like. Training is one thing, competing is another. What better place to Thai Box than Thailand?
- I want to show people that they don’t have to want to be a UFC champion to compete in combat sports. You can just be a regular dude, like me, and go to a place like Tiger Muay Thai, learn some skills, and live out your dream.
- I want to prove that excuses are lame and if you want something bad enough, then you owe it to yourself to go after it with gusto.
- I don’t want to be old and gray, sitting around wondering what if. I’d rather be old and gray watching the Flight to Fight video series with no regrets, reminiscing on my time in Thailand.
- Bruh, it’s Phuket, Thailand.
Why not? (Excuses):
How to watch:
- The shows will drop as soon as I can get them out and can be seen on BloodyElbow.com as well as BE’s Facebook account
- Viewers can also catch the action on my YouTube channel: Eddie Mercado. Don’t forget to like, subscribe, and turn on notifications!
Making this possible:
- Spartyka Nation
- Tiger Muay Thai
- Diego Bispo Academy & Harvey Grasse Muay Thai
- MASF Supplements
- My family
About the author