Former UFC and Strikeforce fighter Jason “Mayhem” Miller was arrested yet again this past Friday, this time on vandalism charges.
NBC Los Angeles reports the following:
Arraignment was scheduled Tuesday afternoon for Miller, 37, who was arrested Friday and was being held without bail, according to jail records. It’s unclear what Miller is accused of vandalizing, but his attorney said his client faces at least four years in prison if found to have violated the terms of his probation. When Miller resolved a litany of legal troubles last year, prosecutors said he could face up to 21 years in prison if he ran afoul of the law again.
Miller has had multiple arrests and incidents in the last few years, including a bizarre situation where he was involved in an altercation with two women. He had been tased in an incident where he was accused of assaulting a police officer, as well as a domestic violence arrest that led to an awkward trial and saw him avoid doing time.
All of this came after the infamous incident in which he broke into a church and set off a fire extinguisher. Miller later claimed that he had been gotten a bad reputation because of media scrutiny and bias.
The severity of the penalties he may face is yet to be determined, but we’ll find out more after the arraignment this Thursday. His lawyer remains optimistic that Miller may still have the ability to turn things around:
“Jason is a great guy and I love him like a brother,” Miller’s attorney, Cameron Talley, told City News Service. “It is incredibly sad to see these continued police contacts, but I have faith he can straighten out his life.”
The former fighter hasn’t fought since 2016, where he lost by submission at Venator FC 3 against Mattia Schiavolin. He missed weight by 24lbs, and suffered his third straight defeat in the process.
About the author