Well, we finally had enough confidence in Stipe Miocic to actually pick him, and then Daniel Cormier knocked his block off thirty seconds before the end of the first round. We’re taking it all in on this episode of Heavy Hands, and our topics represent the full, balanced diet that was UFC 226:
- Daniel Cormier’s heavyweight brilliance, and the transitions that set him apart
- Connor and Phil offer to lift the HH curse: if Stipe Miocic subscribes to the Patreon, we’ll start picking against him again.
- We knew we were in for a funhouse mirror-match, but Ngannou-Lewis was worse than we had ever imagined
- RE: our wayward son Mike Perry… this is kind of it for him, isn’t it
- Paulo Costa a.k.a. “Uberlandiareem” was very good and very scary in his fight against a particularly sharp Uriah Hall
- Raphael Assuncao, and the much deserved love he got for his total domination of Rob Font
To download this episode directly, just right-click and save this link.
And if you’re up for even more fight analysis, you ought to check out the Heavy Hands Patreon, where $3 a month gets you access to plenty of bonus content. Our latest bonus episode (coming this week) is a look at next weekend’s mismatched UFC Boise card, focusing on the REAL main event: Darren Elkins vs Alexander Volkanovski.
About the author