Brock Lesnar might be headed back to the UFC.
Dana White, the promotion’s president, is confident the former heavyweight champion will fight in the Octagon. However, White didn’t offer a timetable for when it could happen.
“They’re very, very, very good,” White said Tuesday on SiriuxXM NASCAR Radio when asked about the odds Lesnar makes an MMA comeback.
“They’re very, very, very good.” –@ufc President @danawhite to @KevinHarvick on @BrockLesnar‘s chances of fighting again in UFC. Listen in #HappyHours pic.twitter.com/p8ZCdrR9Kt
— SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Ch. 90) (@SiriusXMNASCAR) February 28, 2018
White posted a photo of him and Lesnar Sunday on Twitter with a smile emoji in the tweet — perhaps hinting at an eventual Lesnar return. Lesnar was shown wearing a UFC-branded shirt.
— Dana White (@danawhite) February 26, 2018
White said earlier this month he “wouldn’t be shocked” if Lesnar decided to fight in MMA at least once more.
Lesnar is signed to the WWE, but his current contract expires in April after WrestleMania 34. His plans — either re-sign with the WWE or again jump ship to the UFC — are not clear at this time.
If Lesnar, one of the biggest stars the sport has ever seen, does indeed opt to return to MMA, he would have to complete his USADA suspension before competing. He returned to the UFC in July 2016 after a four-year-plus layoff and beat Mark Hunt at UFC 200, but twice tested positive for the anti-estrogenic agent Hydroxy-clomiphene in drug tests administered prior to the Hunt bout. Lesnar was suspended one year by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC), but left the UFC — and the USADA testing pool — before his sanction was complete, thus freezing it. He has seven months left in his suspension.
About the author