Submission Radio returns with a fun show and a stacked lineup, featuring interviews with Stephen Thompson, Luke Rockhold and Cris Cyborg. Also, Damon Martin (Fox Sports) joins the roundtable discussion to break down UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2, UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2, Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione being set for Bellator 172, and some takeaways from UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor!
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
– Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson returns to Submission Radio (at the 35:54 mark) to discuss:
- His welterweight title fight against Tyron Woodley at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor
- The awkward moment when Bruce Buffer corrected the fight result
- If he thought he did enough to win
- Why Tyron had so much success against him compared to his more recent opponents
- What he learned and why he’ll win the rematch
- If Dana White or the UFC have confirmed that the rematch will take place
- Conor McGregor eyeing a fight against Tyron for the welterweight title
- His thoughts on Conor McGregor’s performance against Alvarez and his chances at welterweight
- The reaction from the students at his karate school
- Chris Weidman’s brutal loss against Yoel Romero, and more!
– Former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold returns to the program (at the 4:22 mark) to discuss:
- His recent injury that forced him to withdraw from his fight against Rondaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza at UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Brunson
- Why he might be out for longer than expected
- Who he wants upon his return
- Chris Weidman losing devastatingly to Yoel Romero in New York
- Michael Bisping vs. Yoel Romero
- AKA teammate Khabib Nurmagoedov’s dominant victory over Michael Johnson at UFC 205
- How a fight between Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov would go
- McGregor eyeing a fight against Tyron Woodley for the welterweight belt, and more!
– Invicta featherweight champion Cris Cyborg returns (at the 18:55 mark) to discuss:
- What’s next for her career and what weight she’ll be fight at next
- If her next fight will be in the UFC or Invicta FC
- If she’ll ever make the brutal cut to 140 ever again
- If she’s spoken to Dana White or the UFC about bringing in a 145 pound women’s division or defending her Invicta belt in the UFC
- Miesha Tate retiring from MMA after her loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205
- Ronda Rousey taking on Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 for the bantamweight title instead of facing her
- Who wins, and Rousey potentially retiring with a loss
- If the superfight will ever happen
- Her training in Thailand, the holiday season and more!
– Damon Martin (Fox Sports) returns (at the 58:46 mark) to join the roundtable discussion and discuss:
- If Conor McGregor is likely to fight before May and who his next opponent will be
- Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson and if they’ll ever get their title shots
- how Khabib can become an even bigger star
- What this means for McGregor’s 145 belt and the featherweight division
- The rematch between Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall at UFC Belfast
- What’s next for both men
- Claudia Gadalha beating Cortney Casey at UFC Sao Paulo
- The controversial head kick
- Ryan Bader’s brutal destruction of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- What’s next for Ryan Bader’s career and if he stays in the UFC or goes over to Bellator
- Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione being officially set for Bellator 172
- Georges St-Pierre hanging out backstage at Bellator 165 and if he would ever sign with the promotion, and more!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
About the author