Nate Diaz has no problem calling out anyone when they get in his way, and the UFC itself was his target after a recent media run. Diaz, who appeared on Conan and filmed a skit for the Jimmy Kimmel show late last month, turned to Twitter to vent his frustration about something the UFC had done to him in the aftermath of the appearances:
@Ufc played me again #trustnobody
— Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) July 27, 2016
In a recent conference call though, he played it off a misunderstanding between himself and the promotion, saying it wasn’t a big deal (via MMA Fighting):
“It was just some behind-the-scenes stuff that they were not telling me about and hiding from me. They had me doing a little run-around. I was just trying to get home and train. I didn’t want to be out there for that long. It all worked out though. I had training out there and it was just like [McGregor] said, it’s a distraction when you’re out there.
“Like, f**k this s**t. I mean, that stuff is all good and fun after a fight, but before the fight it’s like, I’m not in the mood to sit here and answer silly ass questions and play silly ass little sketches and roles when I’ve got this s**t going on. But it all got worked out and everything is all good.”
Diaz, who meets Conor McGregor in a rematch at UFC 202, also stated that doing media isn’t his favorite thing by any means, but he’s not going to pass up any of it because he might regret it down the road:
“It’s not like something I was losing sleep over trying to get into, but when they call and the opportunities are there, you might as well take them,” Diaz said. “Because all of the marketing gets bigger. I didn’t want to do none of it, but I didn’t want to look back and say f**k, I should’ve done that. So I’m just doing what I gotta do to get by, get my things cracking, get some things going.”
UFC 202 goes down August 20th in Vegas.
About the author