Submission Radio is back from a two-week break with an action-packed show, featuring interviews with TJ Dillashaw, Stephen Thompson and Ricardo Lamas, as well as a breakdown of UFC 198.
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
– TJ Dillashaw returns (at the 53:37 mark) to talk about:
- his recent trip to Canada to train with Georges St-Pierre at Tristar gym
- his upcoming fight against Rafael Assuncao at UFC 200
- why he took the fight and how he feels about not getting the title shot rematch against Dominick Cruz
- Assuncao’s long layoff and why this fight will be different
- if he’s been promised the next title shot
- having less media duties because he won’t be in a main event
- the recent fiasco with Conor McGregor being pulled from UFC 200
- Urijah Faber’s comments about him and Cruz looking different since USADA stepped in and that he’d smoke TJ
- Cody Garbrandt saying he’d have words with TJ when he saw him next
- his celebrity hunting trips and why he’s been off social media, and lots more.
– Stephen Thompson returns (at the 27:31 mark) to talk about:
- his fight against Rory MacDonald at UFC Fight Night 89
- the past that the two share and if it’s difficult preparing to fight a friend
- if he thinks Rory can still be the same fighter after the head trauma he suffered in his war against Robbie Lawler
- if he thinks Tyron Woodley deserves the next title shot
- the relief of the rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz falling through
- other contenders in the division like Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz
- his thoughts on McGregor wanting leeway for media duties
- why he expects the UFC to do the right thing with his title situation
- why he’d like to face Conor McGregor when he’s the welterweight champion
- Dragon Ball Z and which UFC fighters represent which DBZ characters, and more.
– Ricardo Lamas returns (at the 4:37 mark) to discuss:
- his fight against Max Holloway at UFC 199
- his thoughts on the step up from Diego Sanchez to a contender
- Holloway’s footwork and recent success
- being counted out and Max overlooking him
- Holloway not having success against strong wrestlers like himself
- his thoughts on Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar being for the interim title belt and if it’s necessary
- whether or not Aldo can still be as dominant as before the brutal knockout loss
- if he feels like the winner of his fight should be next in line for a title shot
- the UFC using him and Max as a backup in the division
- why he won’t sit out and wait for a title shot
- Conor McGregor’s absence from the featherweight division and if it’s frustrating
- why he doesn’t think McGregor deserves leeway for any media duties
- if he feels he gets the respect he deserves
- his new exotic pet and the zoo that’s accumulating in his home
- Australian TV shows, and more.
Also, at the (1:19:02 mark), Kacper and Denis break down all the action from UFC 198
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube
About the author