Last year, Gray Maynard told BloodyElbow.com that he had been asked by the UFC if he would be able to drop down to the featherweight division. Initially, the veteran wanted to remain at 155-pounds, but it looks like the organization got their wish after all.
Maynard confirmed his next fight will be contested at 145-pounds in a social media post on Friday.
Yes sir. It’ll be at 145 tho https://t.co/JNZpHgu6Ue
— Gray Maynard (@GrayMaynard) November 20, 2015
Maynard (11-5-1, 1 NC) has been a professional MMA fighter for nearly 10 years and is considered a true veteran of the sport. “The Bully” hasn’t picked up a win inside the UFC since 2012, however, when he defeated Clay Guida by split decision. Maynard is currently riding a four-fight losing streak which includes stoppage losses to T.J. Grant and Ross Pearson.
After his most recent loss to Alexander Yakovlev at UFC Fight Night 63 this past April, Maynard’s future in the UFC was questioned by fans. With that being said, he confirmed he is still signed with the UFC on an eight-fight deal.
It hasn’t been made clear when Maynard will return to action. BloodyElbow.com will keep you up-to-date with the latest news regarding Maynard and his next fight.
About the author