This Saturday, all the talk will finally be over when Conor McGregor steps into the Octagon at UFC 189 to face Chad Mendes for the interim featherweight title. It has been a long journey, from the unprecedented media world tour in March, over the injury of Jose Aldo and Mendes jumping in as his replacement, to this fight week ultimately being here.
White: Edgar vs McGregor makes absolutely no sense
Dana White talks about choosing Chad Mendes to fill in for Jose Aldo and not Frankie Edgar.
Yesterday, the Irish superstar answered to the attending media right after his open workout. You can watch the full video of the scrum here (via MMA Fighting). Here’s a short rundown of the topics he addressed:
- rumors about him having weight-problems
- his $3 million bet offer to Dana White
- his wrestling ability, compared to Chad Mendes
- how the fight will play out at UFC 189
- how he feels about the change of opponents
- what he thinks about Jose Aldo and Chad Mendes “buddying up” on Twitter
- the upcoming IV-dehydration ban
- why kicking against a wrestler won’t be dangerous
- respect for his opponents
- Sinead O’Connor singing his walk-out song
and much more. UFC 189 will take place this Saturday in Las Vegas, NV. If you’re having trouble watching the clip, you can also view it on YouTube.
About the author