Another of our infamous and patented Care/Don’t Care Previews with me, Kid Nate and co-host extraordinaire Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking is here.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
We’ll have the audio only version ASAP.
As always with the Care/Don’t Care preview — the caveat — no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn’t a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC’s marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Potentially a record number of “don’t cares” on this card depending on how you score fights that get 1 care
- Nate’s threatened toothbrush mustache is AWOL
- “The Anderson Silva of the lightweight division”
- Stockholm syndrome
- The legendary Georgia vs the Philippines rivalry
- The decline and fall of Mark Munoz and allegations are almost but not quite made, insinuations however we’ve got
- Insider info on Daniel Cormier’s training for UFC 187 bout with Anthony Johnson
- Costas Phillappou’s many sins
- A long digression about Matt Serra and Ray Longo
- Is Urijah Faber done?
- Can Frankie Edgar get the KO?
- Much, much more
About the author