Another of our infamous and patented Care/Don’t Care Previews with me, Kid Nate and co-host extraordinaire Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking is here.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube. You can also listen to or download an audio-only version of the show on the MMA Nation Sound Cloud page.
As always with the Care/Don’t Care preview — the caveat — no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn’t a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC’s marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Chris Dempsey which leads to Jack Dempsey which leads to the legendary boxer’s vile role in sex trafficking and who’s the most vile link in that chain
- What are Diego Brandao and Jimmy Hettes doing on the FightPass prelims?
- Nazis and drugs
- Who is Tim Means?
- Is Japan becoming a CICT (Country I Can’t Trust) or can Takeya Mizugaki beat Aljamain Sterling?
- The GINT (Guy I Never Trusted) status of Gian Villante
- High hopes for Patrick Cummins vs Ovince Saint Preaux
- Does Jim Miller punch like a small child? Is he being fed to “young lion” Beniel Dariush?
- Gun safes and burglars
- Felice Herrig, Paige VanZant and the sexualization of female fighters
- Andy Kaufman
- Cub Swanson vs Max Holloway and great odds for face punching
- Why Eugene wouldn’t even grapple with Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza
- What if Yoel Romero did fight Jacare?
- Is it worse to insinuate a fighter missed a bout because of steroids or to speculate about antibiotic resistant STD’s playing a role?
- Kid Nate’s faith in karate & Lyoto Machida and Eugene’s doubts about Luke Rockhold
- Much, much, much more
About the author