Another installment of the infamous and patented Care/Don’t Care Preview has arrived. As always Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate’s counterpart.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
Tomorrow we’ll be back with an Mp3 version for you podcaster types.
As always with the Care/Don’t Care preview — the caveat — no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn’t a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC’s marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Popeye gets a cameo
- There’s some gloating by Eugene over his RDA pick last time….anyone interested should def. review the tape and see how confident he was in his RDA pick over Pettis when he made it.
- Lots of don’t cares
- The panel debates whether the wealth of cheap jokes based on Drew Dober’s name merit a care or not. The verdict: No.
- Nate marks out over Katsunori Kikuno
- Akbarh Arreola is dissed
- A brief, awkward search of the memory banks for Godofredo Castro’s nickname (Pepey)
- The fights that might have been are touched on — Ben Saunders Let’s MothraFokkers!
- Eugene goes off on the suggestions that he’s friends with Josh Thomson
- Cares are given and picks are made for Amanda Nunes vs. Shayna Baszler
- Erick Silva, the GICT’s GICT (Guy I Can’t Trust) vs shot Josh Koscheck…Eugene argues Kos still has it and wants to clear the air after his poor performance against Ellenberger….Nate half-heartedly posits a conspiraversy that Kos is trying to finish out his contract and get over to Bellator
- Tales of LSD, behemoths, hippies and hacky sack
- Our love for Demian Maia and what he used to be just can’t quite almost does carry us to real Caresville
- Much much more
About the author