It’s time again for caring and not caring!
Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate’s counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
As always with the Care/Don’t Care preview — the caveat — no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn’t a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC’s marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
AUDIO ONLY LINK: UFC 183 – Care/Don’t Care AUDIO ONLY
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
In this episode Nate & Eugene discuss:
- No Nazis — not a single one
- Eugene briefly thinks he cares about Andy Enz
- Diego Brandao vs Jimy Hettes and the battle for redemption
- Rafael Natal as the definition of a GICTA (Guy I Can’t Trust Anymore)
- Ian McCall as the Andy Dick of MMA plus remembering McCall pre-the hip mustache and haircut
- Eugene’s daughter getting called n**ger at a C&W concert by a drunk redneck and what happened next
- Can John Lineker bait McCall into his fight?
- Famous MMA brother pairs, which despite Eugene’s confusion does NOT include Ed and Dave “Pee Wee” Herman
- The aforementioned Dave Herman and how to get yourself tazed by the cops
- Miesha Tate and getting too much attention
- Tate and Sara McMann fighting a loser joins the Lost Battalion bout
- “That F**king Idiot” Zane Simon guest stars and accidentally turns off the show
- Adding insult to injury, Zane also pours cold water all over Nate & Eugene’s enthusiasm
- Nate and Eugene rush through the main card due to said screw up
- Eugene does some Brazilian nut jumping for Thales Leites
- Al Iaquinta the living example of a Don’t Care who has become a Big Care
- Tyron Woodly talks too much
- Kelvin Gastelum is no Myles Jury
- What if Anderson Silva loses to Nick Diaz?
- Much much more
About the author