Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
Aother installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate’s counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
As always with the Care/Don’t Care preview — the caveat — no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn’t a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC’s marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Whether or not Roy Nelson will choose to fight smart against Mark Hunt
- Just how sexy is Amir Sadollah? He’s not Sexyama sexy!
- Phil Spector vs Charles Manson
- How great is “The Fireball Kid” as a nickname
- Is Meisha Tate trying too hard to be sexy? And if Tate’s trying too hard, wtf is up with Rin Nakai?
- Blackface, Al Jolson, the Sonny Boy scam, Scott Walker, Jimmy Webb, MacArthur Park and more
- Eugene’s resistance to the hype around Kyoji Horiguchi
- Plus nazis
About the author