The main event of UFC 170 saw a little bit of controversy. Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann were staging a pretty entertaining fight until Ronda scored with a knee to the liver that dropped McMann. It seemed that she had recovered to a degree by the time referee Herb Dean got to the fighters, but he called it off nonetheless and awarded the win to the champion. Check out my play-by-play below, or watch the video highlights above.
Round 1 – They’re swinging early! McMann tagged Ronda three times before Rousey clinched up and landed a knee. Both connect with a punch and Rousey lands some more knees. Rousey looked for a throw but McMann stood her ground. Ronda crumpled her with a knee to the body and some punches and it’s over! Ronda Rousey wins via strikes! It may have been slightly premature, but she did drop.
Ronda Rousey defeats Sara McMann by TKO (strikes), 1:16 of round 1
- UFC 170 bonuses: Rousey, Maia, MacDonald and Thompson each take home $50,000
- UFC 170: Rousey vs McMann – Results and post-fight analysis
- UFC 170 Results: Ronda Rousey finishes Sara McMann with first-round knee to the body
- UFC 170 Results: Daniel Cormier batters Patrick Cummins
- UFC 170 Results: Rory MacDonald mounts comeback, dominates Demian Maia
About the author